Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just me.
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between SA and Aspergers?

Is it possible that they are the same disorder?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
No. SA is anxiety over a social situation caused by subconscious negative thoughts that cause someone with SA to have low self esteem. Aspergers is where you are either not born with, or dont pick up normal social behaviors. My brother has aspergers. although i can tell that he may have some degree of social anxiety, aspergers is a whole lot different. im not an expert on this stuff so you should look elsewhere for answers.

·
Just me.
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm confused, It seems to me that I have SA, but sometimes I get a feeling I have a mild form of autism.
I suspect that I may have both as well. I'm extremely anxious in social settings, especially around authority figures.

On the other hand, I do lack some social skills. For example, I have no idea how to keep a conversation going or how to make new friends. It feels like everyone else was born with these skills, but that I wasn't. :sus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.