Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adderall really worked for for organization and motivation. Before i took it i could not walk through my house. Stuff was everywhere. I felt like i had a huge weight on my shoulders and never felt like doing anything! The adderall gave me motivation and focus and i believe it will change my life if i can take it regularly. I have no insurance so the doctor appointments are $100 a visit. But i still need a drug for social anxiety. I cannot get a job because I am so afraid or stressed out by going places where there are people. Does anyone know if Paxil could be taken with adderall? Or does anyone else take medication for social anxiety and add? I do not have the hyper part just the adult attention deficite part.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Everyone is different, so these are just my experiences. You'll still need to see a doctor to get the prescription, so you'll want to talk to them for medical advice.

Personally, I have a minor case of adult attention deficit and Wellbutrin has worked well for me in terms of giving me the ability to focus, have energy, etc. I combine it with klonopin as SSRI like Paxil don't work well for me, but you certainly could talk to your doctor about the combination of two drugs in the right dosages, one that deals with the anxiety and one that deals with with your attention/motivation/energy.

There are other people on here that can probably chime in with their experiences as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts