Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Self acceptance- Concluding that what should be is false and what you are is real. Other people may have different traits then you but you realize that you were born in an entirely different environment and body that lead you to where you are now. Emotions like shame, fear, jealousy, and frustration no longer drain your body as you begin to realize what you are: your strengths and weaknesses. Self acceptance is realizing you have anxiety and letting the emotion pass through your body until it loses it's power. You now have some degree of control over yourself.

2. Self confidence- The control leads to you being calmer and having inner strength. You now have the energy to do the things that need to be done (library, getting directions from someone, losing weight, etc) You realize that these small things weren't being done before. These changes make you realize that you can get what you want in life and you begin to identify what you want.

3. Motivation- Motivation is what keeps you going after facing failure. You visualize the goal in your head and this leads to you taking small steps to realize the goal. Motivation depends on self confidence and self acceptance because those two things provide the groundwork to keep trying at reaching your goals instead of going somewhere to isolate after facing failure. Every great man has failed many times. Everyone has heard that Michael Jordan missed many more shots then he made, and this is whats going to happen on your way to what you want so you need to be ready for it.

There it is, a 3 step cure to SA. Im ****ing awesome

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Yes..but where do we start?

Self-confidence is one of those things I'm unable to do. I got the acceptance part down....but it defeats the self-confidence part. I have strong motivation to do things in life

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes..but where do we start?

Self-confidence is one of those things I'm unable to do. I got the acceptance part down....but it defeats the self-confidence part. I have strong motivation to do things in life
SA by definition is anxiety that's identified with and felt so intensely that it stops you from doing stuff, and being fulfilled in other aspects of your life (intimacy, life goals, enjoying new experiences)

If you can accept yourself for who you are without feeling ashamed of it, then you need to start taking small steps toward fulfilling those desires. It's good that you have accepted yourself because now you have a foundation from which to improve upon. After some time those small steps turn into giant leaps. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts