Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is 8/20 or 8/21 (thurs or fri) good for u? Aside from eating I'm not sure what else to do. Maybe watch a matinee? District 9? I'm broke so I'm up for cheap things :lol

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I'm not too far from sf and would be willing to meet. Not sure about this week though. Next wednesday I'll be in palo alto and wouldn't mind meeting up with people for a movie or whatever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not exactly from the bay area but I may be willing to meet other SA folks in the area. Next week (late afternoon/early evening) would be best for me.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe late afternoon or early evening next Wednesday then? Would somewhere like Fremont make it easier for u guys to commute?

·
hangin' loose...
38 Posts
sounds great! a meet-up would be just nifty;) i am in Fremont, but i'd be willing to travel...am also financially challenged, but something cheap would be groovy! keep me posted, k? deb:b

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Fremont on the 26th would work for me... anytime from noon until around 5pm. What do people want to do... lunch? hang out? fly kites? lol.

·
hangin' loose...
38 Posts
social? :eek: .... we have SA! lol - i'll give it my best shot, though! should be fun....i'm up for it:b

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fremont on the 26th would work for me... anytime from noon until around 5pm.
Does the place, date and general time frame work for everyone? If not we can figure out something that does.

What do people want to do... lunch? hang out? fly kites? lol.
I was thinking we should go to a huge party, or go to a club & dance. jk :lol Aside from eating I'm not sure what to do. Maybe a matinee movie (Not sure what time they end) ? Or is there a park we can hang out at and play cards or board games? Any ideas? I'm on a budget so the cheaper the better lol But I'm ok financially as long as it's not expensive.

what do you guys do at these things? is everyone....social?
It depends. I haven't been to one in a while. Sometimes it's a movie, mini-golf, hanging out at a park & playing board games or something, playing video games, etc. Sometimes some people are chatty, and at other times people are quiet. It's cool cuz it's ok to be quiet, and everyone understands and they won't look down on u. Another cool thing is that if u're not comfortable w/ something people understand. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Should we have a group chat on msn or yahoo to figure out the date, time, place, etc?
That's probably an easier way to organize a meetup but it might be difficult to get everyone online at the same time. Does next Thursday or maybe Friday near Dublin work for you guys? I could commute a bit further if needed.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Wednesday or Thursday works for me and Dublin is fine as well. I won't be in the bay area on Friday though. So how about pizza around 2pm, Thursday in Dublin? (no one liked my kite flying suggestion :( oh well.

inthecave- I haven't been to one of these before so I don't really know what to expect either. But we're in the same boat...

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dublin on Thurs works for me any time after noon, and I'm up for pizza. Do u guys wanna do anything before or after eating?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I won't be able to get to Dublin until around 3:30, so I could just meet up with you guys later. Pizza sounds fine, and so does flying kites! :) Where exactly do ya'll want to meet up?

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've never been to Dublin, so I'm not sure where to meet. Anyone have any suggestions? Do u guys wanna group chat so it's easier when we meet? Just in case u wanna add me, my yahoo is [email protected].

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
We'll be meeting at the following location on the 27th, 3:30pm:

Round Table Pizza
7841 Amador Valley Blvd, Dublin, CA‎
(925) 828-6680‎

Let us know if you can make it! Or if you want to meet somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts