Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Not always but it appears as though there hasn't been a Mod on all night. The subject matter of that particular thread was guaranteed to raise a few hackles.

Reactions: Harpuia

·
Banned
811 Posts
I was reading one thread on the S&C forums and i admit on the two years I've been lurking/posting on the site I've NEVER seen any debate get that brutal (on here). I mean I've seen it get brutal on other sites, but... yeah.

Is this becoming the norm around here?
I'm not sure. The gender topics are toxic filth that bring out the worst in people. I try to avoid those. The gun topics are quickly reaching that level.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
That thread has gotten incredibly ugly and is absolutely filled with repeated personal attacks.
Debates on gender issues do often get heated, but what's there now isn't even a debate. It's just a constant back and forth of attacks and belittlement.

·
Take Good Care
7,902 Posts
The men vs women agenda is getting so old. I wish there was another site where they could pour that rage and bitterness into. Honestly. It should be such a simple thing, don't get along? Move on. Just remember not everyone of that gender is the same, just as no two people are the same. Find people you get along with, don't dwell on the habits or behaviors of those that you disagree with and find so toxic. It's no longer healthy debate, it's like trying to argue religion vs atheism, its an endless argument that turns personal, targeted, and becomes violent and ugly.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
Not always but it appears as though there hasn't been a Mod on all night. The subject matter of that particular thread was guaranteed to raise a few hackles.
There was a mod on. One of my posts got deleted at 2:21 am

[Quote removed - Slinky]

OK - the exact thing I wrote has been removed. I had no idea that such a silly remark is considered so defamatory, degrading, threatening, humiliating, insulting or hurtful that is has to be removed.

Can we make jokes about people's mothers?

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
That thread was a mess. Most of the time the mods are hiding, so you can't even tell if they are on or not. I guess they are on their regular user account. I don't understand why they can't be logged into both accounts at the same time.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
Ok. Maybe this is a no-no but I gotta find out.

Yo Mama so stupid a robber stole her t.v and she ran after him yelling, YOU FORGOT THE REMOTE!

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
S&C threads can get ugly...that's the nature of the forum. Deciding if a thread is more ugly than another is up for debate...it might make for an S&C thread. Historically, the S&C forum has gone from being "over moderated" to "under moderated" per complaints in the Board Feedback forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.