Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend a lot of time wishing I could meet people, but then I don't even know what I would say to them or talk about, it's like I'm so anxious the idea of ENJOYING talking to other people is alien to me. So maybe I'm just introverted, and not that into people? Yet I spend so much time clicking around sites like myspace wondering if I'll see anyone I could be friends with..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well personally, I would say it's SA because of the anxiety involved + the wishing of having people to hang out with etc. Extraverts don't like to be alone, like I myself feel I belong to this category as a *whole* (I have my introvert moments). An introvert with SA, I feel would for the most part enjoy the solitude but at the same time may feel lingering frustration because of the less frequent times where a desire for social contact would come up, or say for example a circumstance where social contact would make things easier for some reason (e.g. helping with a project). And then a plain old introvert of course wouldn't have that frustration because if the need or rare desire arises, they wouldn't be unusually nervous, for example, about calling up a friend they don't see very frequently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.