1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Is it just me or does Tootoo look like he gets pushed into Miller by Ehrhoff? I'd like to see it slowed down before i make any assumptions though.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I kind of don't think this was really intentional. Tootoo was in a situation where he couldn't really avoid hitting miller because of Ehroff's positioning. Though he probably should have slowed him self instead of trying to dive over him or whatever that was.

·
So cold in the D
596 Posts
Tootoo was definitely pushed into Miller. It's ridiculous that he got 2 games for that. The only reason Shanny baby gave him two games was likely because of Crybaby Miller's previous "injury". The NHL is becoming such a joke.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lucic is the one who should have been suspended.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Lucic is the one who should have been suspended.
He probably should have been. Would you agree though, that if a goalie comes out to play the puck, he should be fair game to hit, as long as the hit is legal?
I'm all for protecting goalies "in the paint", or when they're out but don't have the puck...but if they're stick-handling, a body-check should be legal.

That way, we could also get rid of that stupid "trapezoid" behind the net...let goalies skate out but expect to be hit(within the rules).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Martin Brodeur has been one of the best goalies to play the puck, he did it during his whole career....if he had guys like Lucic running him over I don't think he would still be playing now.

In the situation where Miller came out the play the puck, Lucic should have just done the same, play the puck...not run Miller over like a train.

Lucic did nothing in that incident to avoid the impact with Miller. He clearly had one intention in mind.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Martin Brodeur has been one of the best goalies to play the puck, he did it during his whole career....if he had guys like Lucic running him over I don't think he would still be playing now.
...or he'd just stay in his crease more often, where he belongs. He's the goalie...if he tries to play as a 3rd defenseman, he should expect to be hit, within the rules.

In the situation where Miller came out the play the puck, Lucic should have just done the same, play the puck...not run Miller over like a train.

Lucic did nothing in that incident to avoid the impact with Miller. He clearly had one intention in mind.
I think he had one intention in mind, at the last second...but yes, he had time to miss him but didn't. I'd have given him 2 or 3 games. Don't forget Ryan Miller stayed in that game after that hit, and left later after one his players "helped" Tyler Seguin fall into him...the concussion could have come from that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think that goalies should be hit if they come out to play the puck. If you allow that it's gonna be madness.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I don't think that goalies should be hit if they come out to play the puck. If you allow that it's gonna be madness.
There are already fights after every clean skater-on-skater hit anyways. :b

No but seriously, you're imagining guys running goalies over...that would hardly ever happen, it would just keep the goalies in their nets unless they were absolutely certain they could pass the puck before any of the other teams guys got near him.
Quarterbacks are protected in football, but you can still hit them if they have the ball.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I say let the goalie decide. Have a vote. Lol...maybe if Ron Hextall was still playing we'd have 1 vote out of 60 in favor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts