Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's just due to a bout of depression, but running away is on my mind. Usually when everything else in my life seems to have gone to **** and there's nothing tying me down to one location, I move on to a new one.

I have a decent state job, and a foot in the door to my dream career, but even that doesn't feel like enough to stay. I've been wanting to move back to my home state for many years, but it never seemed like the right time. I feel a pull now more than ever, but I'm sure I'm supposed to just wait out this feeling. I'm not really at a point in my life anymore where I can make impulsive moves like I did years ago. I can't throw responsibility in the wind and hope for the best... But I've thrown everything away before and I'm still alive, so that argument with myself isn't very convincing.

This is such a frustrating feeling...

·
Registered
159 Posts
running is not the solution your past always has a way of catching you and the career shifting makes you look unstable if its frequent enough meaning you may have to settle for a job thats lower pay and dissatisfying try to resist the urge or you will regret in the long ''run''

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not so much running from anything, as I just don't want to be here anymore. My résumé is already busted because I've moved so much chasing a childhood dream. I've been at my current job for a year now, and it's the longest employment I've had. My pay has never really been sacrificed because of it... Always lived by the "life's too short" motto, I guess. But I've become so settled here, my hesitation to have to start all over is probably the main reason I'm not driving to Louisiana right now. I couldn't imagine having to fill out a job application, let alone go to an interview... I'd probably faint...

·
Registered
159 Posts
its a very tough situation your in but who knows a promotion could be around the corner save up some sick/vacation days and make the trip if you get there for a visit even it could be enough to keep you on the right track but if you decide to do it I suggest you write a list of pros and cons money is great but you cant throw away your emotional happiness either

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the only promotion I'll get unless I want to become a supervisor.. Which I have no intention of doing. And the other job I have doesn't seem to be going anywhere because the woman I work for keeps showing me how dumb she is to what she's doing.

I intended on going back to visit because my best friend just had a baby. I think while I'm down there I may scope out the job market and get in touch with some old friends about horses.. The pros and cons list is a good idea. It seems like it'd make me happy, but the reality of actually doing it is something I need to put more thought into. Is it worth throwing away all I've done, and will it help me grow? Or will it just satisfy the urge to go somewhere and hold me back from pursuing my goal? Reality is a ***** sometimes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts