Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to hit rock bottom, before you improve your anxiety?
I mean, do you need to go as low as anxiety can possibly drag you down, before you crawl back up again? Is hitting rock bottom the incentive, the wake-up call, the kick in the pants needed to get better?

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
I hope not. I'm trying to avoid it...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I often think that hitting rock bottom would allow me to be free to do anything since there would be no risks anymore. On the other hand it might just make me give up on life and kill myself. So I don't know. It would completely depend on the actual circumstances of rock bottom.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
My rock bottom happened years ago, I've slowly gotten better over the years but it's still with me though, I doubt it'll ever go away.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
sometimes when I see other people who hit rock bottom it helps a little, because it reassures me everyone doesn't have the fantastic normal life that I've been lead to believe and I am not the only one like this and it could be worse, kind of mean I guess and I don't enjoy seeing someone like this but it does help to know that my life is not as bad as it could be.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
My life can't really get any worse socially speaking and it's not a motivator to make things better - in fact, it motivates me to stay isolated, so I say no.

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Hitting rock bottom(about 4 or 5 years ago) is what first inspired me to change my life around. I decided that I didn't have much left to lose. Might as well try to rise up higher than before. I made tremendous progress in 2005 and 2006. I started leaving my house. I also found three jobs(two were seasonal) and started college. Unfortunetly, as things improved my motivation went down. Everything has been slow since. I really need to start pushing myself again.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
I don't think I could climb back up from rock bottom. Generally when I have the "nothing to lose" attitude, I'll only do negative things.

Haha, I like the advertisement for "Rock Bottom Golf" on this page.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I've been there already, and have been planning a revisit for years

1 - 15 of 15 Posts