Registered
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful.

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Led Zeppelin has aged gracefully .

.... Damn . ... .Except for John Bonham . Almost forgot . Man ..... .. why do Rockers always have to die young ?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It's an ok track, certainly not bad IMO. I must say that I highly respect Mr Plant, I may well not have always liked the stuff he has put out as a solo artist or in the bands he formed but he certainly has tried to do something new and different each time. He has always moved forward and has never seemed to look back to the Led Zep days.

I'd also say the same about John Paul Jones, always off producing and arranging new stuff, as well as being part of 'Them Crooked Vultures'. It's funny he's nearly always not mentioned theses days, you read / hear about Page, Plant and the death of Bonham but no Jones. Meh... I can't say the same of Mr Page though.

anyway for the Led Zep fans...

Jimmy Page interview / radio show from BBC 6 music from last weekend (still available till this Saturday via the iPlayer - I reckon it can be access internationally)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047l437

Led Zeppelin changed the world. From their formation in 1968 till their spilt in the wake of drummer John Bonham's death in 1980, they set new parameters for what a rock band could achieve. They remain one of the biggest selling bands of all time, with generation after generation falling in love with their music. Their tours broke records and created a template for stadium touring that remains to this day, and creatively the four immensely gifted musicians who formed the group mastered and helped define rock, metal, prog, folk and modern blues. And guitarist Jimmy Page was the guiding force behind the band. As well as being universally recognised as one of the finest guitarists of all time, Jimmy produced the whole of Led Zeppelin's back catalogue - breaking new sonic ground with every one of their nine albums.
Now, as the band re-release their first three records, Jimmy talks to Matt Everitt about the musical moments that changed his life. From his earliest influences and passion for the bluesmen of the '50s, to his time spent as a young session guitarist on the London scene in the early 60s, and onto his masterplan to create the greatest (and heaviest) rock band ever to stalk the earth.
Normally a somewhat reclusive and private figure, Jimmy also discusses Zep's unique musical chemistry, their not entirely undeserved reputation as the most excessive and debauched band ever, their now legendary one off reunion in 2007 and the impact of Bonham's death on him and his music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts