Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently put on Ritalin sr 20mg this is my third day taking the med and so far I feel calmer and more in control of myself my thoughts are not bouncing off the wall, which is nice. Im having headaches and today at work I found it really hard to focus its different than before mmm....like the background noise was gone but I could barley read the computer screen in font of me.
Is this just a side effect that will go away? I will be calling the Doc tomorrow but I know how he responds it will be a few days and would like opinions please.
Im taking about 1mg of Klonopin I take once or twice a day as well. the ritalin has not made my anxiety any worse but its not doing what I thought. Than again there is magic fix...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad that its working for you, maybe its the combo of the Klon combined with the stimulatory effects of the ritalin that makes you calm. Have you tried taking ritalin w/o the benzo? I know it helps calm people with true ADHD, but I never heard of it calming SA patients before as a stand alone drug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.