Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Wonderland
11,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UltraShy/ Karl was a long term member on SAS and has passed away. The debate section is where he was most known for. He was the first person I ever phone called on this website and helped me a lot with my social anxiety. I hope he finds peace wherever his spirit is. If anyone ever feels alone please reach out.

· Registered
11,384 Posts
Damn that's terrible, what a loss, he was such a smart guy. I always considered him to be somewhat of a juggernaut around here due to his intellect and debating skills. I don't know much about his family situation but I hope they're able to find solace, I couldn't imagine losing a family member.

· Super Moderator
5,603 Posts

· Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,568 Posts
It is sad to hear of his passing. I do recall Karl, his difficulties with his brother, his financial advice to members on the forum, and if I recall correctly a lovely log cabin he had purchased and shared photos of. I never knew him in person or communicated with him beyond these forums, but I do recall his presence on the forums, thank you for keeping us informed, and may he RIP.

· Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

· Irretrievably Lost
3,517 Posts
Even though I don't think I ever interacted with him it's very sad to hear of another member's passing. May he rest in peace. :(

· Registered
1,413 Posts
He was very much an individual. I can't think of a better way to honor a man such as he. He was an intelligent individual who valued freedom above all else.

· SAS Member
14,581 Posts
Wow that's a shame. I kind of liked that guy, he had his own way and walking his own walk. Sad to see he's now gone.

Makes me wonder how many other sas member passed on that we don't know about. :(

· Registered
15,550 Posts
I always enjoyed his unique voice. RIP

· Registered
1,805 Posts
I remember Ultrashy well. His parents had passed away and I don't remember him mentioning any other family except a much older semi-estranged brother. He was a skilled writer and I found his posts interesting. One of the most memorable SASers from the period when I spent a lot of time on the board.

Rest in peace, brother!

· Registered
5,255 Posts
Sorry to hear. I remember him well from before. RIP Karl.

· Administrator
9,705 Posts
I have lifted UltraShy’s permanent ban so that other members can post visitor messages on his profile as a way to leave him a tribute:

He was a member here from 2003 - 2017, and will be missed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts