1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I don't know that you need a question mark in the subject, it seems like a done deal :lol

I always felt bad for Ricky, all those sports pundits just don't understand what it is like to be one of the biggest sports stars in the country and have to suffer from SA at the same time. I've always loved watching him play, and I'm glad he is coming back, but I wish his motives weren't so sinister. Yeah, I suppose there is a chance he wants to come back for 'the love of the game', but I suspect it was all about the money, considering he owed the Dolphins a lot of money that he didn't have.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Yes, his S.A. didn't seem to prevent him for traveling to Ca., Australia, India, going to rock concerts, sleeping in tents, studying Holistic Health at college, studying Yoga and becoming an instructor....I think his actions had A LOT more to do with failing that third drug test, and losing the court settlement to the Doplhins than a battle with Social Anxiety.... :lol
On the plus side, it will give the Dolphins an exceptional running game with Williams and Ronnie Brown, after Williams sits out the first 4 games of the season....I bet his teamates from last year aren't so happy to have him back....I want to see the crowd reaction to his first time at being handed the ball in Miami.... :lol for me, :hide for Williams.....

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
It's amazing how much losing 6 million bucks in a settlement to the Dolphins can motivate some people....I reserve my empathy for the truly needy, not Ricky Williams....Most people with SA would have a problem jetting to school in CA., rocks concerts in Australia, learning Yoga in India etc.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hope he does well. He let his teammates down and that was wrong, but he is a phenomenal rusher and it is well worth it for the Dolphins to give him a second chance.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
After all the events around him i TOTALLY forgot he had SA, and I'm happy for him to be comin back. He seems pretty genuinely apologetic to his teammates in interviews, and he's been welcomed back. I DO hope he stays after this season, though, and proves that it wasn't all for the money.

You can look at the stats and the numbers, but I don't think anyone will truly ever understand Ricky.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think he is just shy and right below the threshold of having SA. But, if you are like that ( i am) and you smoke too much weed, its like food for you self-consciousness. It'll make shyness grow into real, harmful social anxiety. I quit smoking for that reason...and i reverted back to my usual 'worrying about what people think to much' and i momentarily left the 'afraid to leave the house' behind. its back though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts