Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating of whether to start this thread in here or Frustration board since I am very frustrated about it. I'm going to keep this as short as possible - trying to not be lenghty as I usually am lol

For the past few months I have been feeling chilled, didn't think nothing of it as it was winter, then my feet started doing weird things. They turned blotchy red like blood pooling in them or something. My feet feel like a freezer yet I am keeping them as warm as possible.

Then they decided to ache and every second or third shower I had was unpleasantly cold to me. My body is just not registering the heat right away. I figured out last week that I'd take my temperature as I described it to my mom as like a fever. Well.. expecting it to be up.. it went down a notch :eek: . So.. on top of this, I've got a breathing issue of some kind which I think it relates back to an allergy attack I had last year around this time(March 4th to be exact). I feel this all over allergy/cold(flu) like feeling in my insides all over. Mostly abdomen area to my throat, I have no clue what is up with that...

My left side of my chest though is a bit shooty pain when I lay on that side in my bed. Oh, and on top of all of this, I'm underweight and can't seem to gain a single freakin pound. I gain maybe 2lbs then lose it and its been like that for awhile.

I saw my doctor who I don't see often due to my anxiety and he knows that so he had checked my feet out, sent me to an Internalist or whatever, the guy checked me out and couldn't seem to find anything seriously wrong with me but said to come back in a month about the weight thing. I get to see that doctor again in about 2 weeks(April 7th) which I'm not looking forward to at all. Oh my doctor did make me do a blood test as well and nothing seem to come up as being abnormal.

Then on top of THAT, I just feel like so challenged right now, I happen to have a day last week(think it was Wednesday) that I fell ill in the early evening and got so dizzy to the point I was probably about to faint. My brother luckily was around to tell me that it is probably low blood sugar and I need to eat. So I ate after that episode I had since that really scared me good. Now i'm thinking I probably have diabetes >_<

Don't worry, I'm going to be going back to see the Internalist, then probably to my doctor and if it comes down to it, probably to the hospital for awhile. I'm sick of feeling like this all the time, the allergy attack I had last year really messed me up good - it effed up my breathing and now the rest of my body is catching up... this is just want I need... another issue to deal with.

I'm posting to see if anyone has any ideas, I search the web for the past month looking up every possible illness it could be, just so overwhelmed right now. I just want it to be solved and dealt with and over, I'm losing my mind. My anxiety right now is shot up to like 100-200% since I get extremely nervous when visiting any doctor for anything as there is the personal space thing *shivers*.

So.. I thought it was poor blood circulation, asthma, allergy(to what? don't know), and many others but diabetes is the last one I looked up. I also have something funny going on with my hearing like an infection, oh joy. Sucks to be me. I've got loads more to say but I think I've blabbed on enough, just needed this out of my system since I feel so crummy these days from my mystery illness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some thoughts...

Hi there. I have two thoughts, if you're looking for a diagnosis.

1) Raynaud's Disease
2) Low normal thyroid - within normal limits, nothing to jump for joy about, but probably underfunctioning

I have one thought, if you're looking for a solution. Contact this girl:

http://bacteriality.org

Good luck

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was checked for my thyroid and nothing seem to come up but I can mention it again. And one of my neighbour's has that Raynaud's Disease but for her hands so I wasn't sure if that's what it could be.

Her hands turn white after being exposed to cold temperatures for awhile. My feet just stay cold all the time and aren't really white, just blotchy red around the toes.

I just wish I could figure out the illness as this is starting to worry me and wear me out that my SA has become a back seat to me because of it. I also was told to excercise more, be outside more and take vitamins which I've been trying to do but can't do it for very long or my body feels weird and I might have a dizzy spell again. The internalist didn't think it was vitamin deficiency though.

Oh, I checked out the link but it doesn't seem to work. I am seeing both doctors again to see what it could be, I've never had this problem before. Just started this past winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know I'm late on this, but the same EXACT thing is going on with me, and I honestly don't know what to do. And this recently occurred. Something that's freaked me out is when I get in the shower, I get all splotchy and red from the heat, as if I'm sensitive to heat or something. I haven't been to the doctor because my parents think I'm just fine. I don't know what to do. :afr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts