Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on this site in almost a year so I thought I'd tell my story again. Well, a lot has happend since I was diagnosed with mild anxiety/depression back in 2001. A tramatic experience has made me lose the joy that I once had. I lost my dear father this past April suddenly. My father was the one who encouraged me all the times. He was so charming and extremely caring (even to strangers.) Anyone would feel comfortable around him because he didn't judge others.

I was actually outgoing and on top of the world when I talked to my dad. We were beginning our adulthood father/daughter relationship. Grief has taken over my whole life. I'm trying my best to help my mother whom I love with all my heart! I stay with her now and I make sure that she's doing well. She's a strong lady and I tell her that every day. Words can't express our pain right now. We never got to say goodbye to my dad.

I'm not the same at all. I hope things will change because I want to have a family some day and I want my sweet mother to have joy once more. I feel like we've been robbed.

I'm currently in college studying psychology. I want to help others that are going through simular situations including anxiety, depression, and grief. I want to be there for people. I want to be able to function normally.

Thanks for reading,

Crissy

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you've heard that a thousand times already, but I don't know what else to say.

The only thing I know of that helps these things is time, giving yourself plenty of time to grieve.

One day, you will be ready to move on. When that happens, I think it's important to remind yourself that just because you move on and strive for happiness, doesn't mean that you loved your father any less. That will go for your mother too. I'm sure it's what your father would want for you more than anything - for you both to be happy in your lives, and to be happy when you remember him.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey dyingtolive1 welcome. :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hi, Crissy. I know losing a parent is very hard. I'm sorry for your loss. It's great that you want to help others who are experiencing tremendous difficulty in their lives with depression and anxiety. You must be a very kind-hearted person. I wish you luck and hope you're able to achieve your dreams.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Welcome back! So sorry to hear of your loss.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, DyingToLive1! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts