Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much futile obsessive research into what non-scheduled drugs are currently available both within the US and importable from overseas - It dawned on me that maybe an SSRI is the best way to go right now. It sure would simplify the doctors consult, not having to hand over a doctoral dissertation as to why I need substance X or Y.

Its been about 3 months since I've taken any ADs, and even then the preceding year at a mostly ineffective dosage of citalopram (20 mg). I'm thinking that Lexapro 20mg or Zoloft 100mg might give me at least a few half way decent months.

So, has anyone here taken an SSRI long term, say a 1-2 years or more, stopped for awhile and gone back to the same or another SSRI and found its effectiveness renewed at all? or not?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Yes. I tried all the SSRIs in the past, the only one that helped me was Lexapro at 5mg (10 caused the "numbness" feeling, was too much for me). I stopped for about 2 years do to pregnancy & nursing my child. Afterward when I tried it again, it had very little effect at all. I tried upping my dose to 10 but then came the "numbness to all emotions" feeling again. I read that it could happen, that an SSRI may not work as well as the first time when you go off of it for a while, which was indeed true for me.

Although it did stink being that is was the only one that worked, depression & anxiety aren't nearly as debilitating of a problem as they used to be for me. On a scale of 1 -10 with 1 being the worst depression & anxiety, I'd say I'm at 7-8 regularly now.

Good luck with everything!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts