Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a song that really drives you nuts?
I usually listen to the radio in my car and the new Mariah Carey song is always on, it bugs me so bad, especially at the end where she is all squaky and sounds like suffocating... jeez, talk about torture to my ears..

Anyways...lol, you guys?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
That one that goes "I think I was blonde when I met you..." ...blah blah blah... "...I was born right here in the doorway..." I don't know the song title, or the author, but whenever I hear it the song gets stuck in my head. For some reason I can't remember the lyrics right now (thank god!!)

The lyrics don't make sense, but I have a feeling women love the gushy song, and so the local radio stations plays it over and over.

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
Its unavoidable at work , so I usually am forced to listen to the most annoying songs. there was this one destinys child song or whatever a couple of months ago that drove me fvking nuts at work. It got to the point to where I wanted to smash the radio. They play the same songs over and over and over again. Its almost like a chinese torture device set to drive me nuts.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah I have officially lost hope in the radio...it used to actually be decent back in the day,but right now my pop ****list is Mariah Carey, I just cant stand her for some reason, but one thing that brightens up my day is when they list her artist facts(dish channel thing) talking about how her record company paid her millions to leave the label.Bwhahahahaha.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh lets not forget Jesse McCartney... my god... what a disgrace

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Rap music has been driving me nuts lately. Its all about the bling, the hoe's, the dubs, the high life with rap music and artists.... Its getting kinda old folks. I sitll love Missy Elliot though.. Damn is that girl creative!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And that new one by Gwen Stefani ( sp?), is so annoying, I cant understand half the words shes saying.... I always turn off the radio when its on..

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is a song by Nelly, and the chorus goes like:

Nelly: Ladies take off all your clothes
Female voice: It's so hot in here, I want to take my clothes off!

More funny than annoying :lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
OMG the new R. Kelly video is so lame too! Its about him waking up in another womans bed after a night of drinking in a bar. He is married in the vid, and the lady he slept with is married too. Its like this short story of him waking up and hiding in the closet. Really there is no high point in the song or video at all. That song and vid was put together badly. You have to see it for yourself to see how stupid it is.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
SebFontain said:
OMG the new R. Kelly video is so lame too! Its about him waking up in another womans bed after a night of drinking in a bar. He is married in the vid, and the lady he slept with is married too.
Hey, at least it's an improvement over his real life antics. At least it shows him with a female over 18.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Argh! There are tons... Hope I can remember..

My number one most hated song in the universe is by some guy, don't know what his name is. It goes "it can happen to anyone of us.." and is about cheating his girlfriend, then explaining that he just gave in to temptation and made a stupid mistake, but hey, it can happen to anyone! God that drove me insane, glad they never play it anymore.

Mariah Carey - Loverboy (I think?) The one where she's bouncing around on the race track wearing some freaky tiny outfit. The song is nothing but breathy whining. No structure whatsoever, the lyrics make my IQ decline dramatically, and the song needs to be evaporated from the face of the earth.

Damn (darn), I can only remember two, I'll add more as I remember cause this thread is fun. ^-^b

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
bye bye bye- N'sync
Toxic-Britney Spears

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Pretty much anything on the radio, yeah. At my summer job I have to hear some of the worst songs everyday, such as the one with the lyrics "just another heartache on my list....." I don't know who it's by but it's just typical of the radio fodder now.

Going on a different track, I love The Beatles but Maxwell's Silver Hammer is just pointless. Paul trying to be all cutesy but it doesn't work here. Really insipid lyrics, boring melody, everything.

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
DrDoc said:
Lets see.....

Anything from the following artists/groups:
Brittney Spears
Jen Lopez
Any and every boy band ever created
Any artists created for/from a reality TV show (with special mention to Ashley Simpson and the American Idol singers)
Mariah Carey (I cannot stand her)
Shaun Desman
Good Charlotte (whoever says these guys are punk has no idea what the genre is all about)

As for specific songs:
The macarena song (whoever composed this song will have a speciall place for them in hell)
"Hit em up style" Blu Cantrall
"I'm so fly" Lloyd Banks

I think that just about eliminates 90 of the music on the radio nowdays. Its sad that good music made by hardworking artists is being replaced by sugary, reconstituted meaningless pop music.
:agree I hate all this american idol popularity bullsh*t.
I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Its sad that good music made by hardworking artists is being replaced by sugary, reconstituted meaningless pop music.
Sad times

·
Registered
282 Posts
"This s#it is bananas!" ... What does that mean???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts