Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again.

During this year, I've been taking Mirtazapine. However I didn't take it exactly the way the doctor prescribed.

He told me to keep taking 30mg every night, but I went cold turkey 2 times.

The first time I stopped I did because I was feeling better and thought I would not need it anymore. I could handle well for one month, but then axiety and depression comebacked and I restarted the treatment by myself.

The second time I stopped, I did because I was fearing that Mirtazapine could affect my cognitive function and, since I'm a computer programmer and need to use my brain a lot, I went cold turkey again. However I realize now that Mirtazapine actually improved my cognite function.

So now I'm very depressed and anxyous again, and yesterday I took 15mg. I don't know if I just restart my treatment, since my doctor never told me to stop, and wait until next appointment to tell him what happened, or don't take anymore and wait to see what he tells me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well if he told you how to take it, you should follow those guidelines. If it helps you then you should keep taking it unless, for some reason, you don't want to.

You can tell him about your cold turkey'ing and your concerns, but it would probably be a good idea to keep following his guidelines instead of making yourself miserable while you wait until the next visit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I'll just restart taking it. I was worrying about having any side effects of stoping and starting again, but I think I've already got the side effects...

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts