Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing. It's a powerful and encouraging piece of work. I badly needed it. I also have bookmarked it and wil study it.

I also visited your website and have found many beautifull verses.

God bless you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've read that one before somewhere , I'm the young man at home because that's where I'm comfortable . I used to get invited out a lot but always turned them down , always wished I'd gone...

·
Registered
26 Posts
that is really true and an awesome article. I really truly believe that but living the life is so very tough I will desperately strive to make the appropriate changes.

thanks for the post

Through God all things are possible

·
Registered
742 Posts
that is a really good read, thank you TrueSeeker for sharing this with all of us :thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
thank you

Thank you for posting this, Truseeker. It's awesome. Very very true indeed.

God has transformed my heart deeply, and what I have come to learn totally agree with what is said in that link. There is still a lot of places in my heart that needs to be worked on. I have to stop letting the fear of men control me. God owns me, my life is in His hands, not in other people's hands. God told us not to fear, not to worry, not be dismayed. Why don't I listen? God is bigger than anything, anyone!!!!!!!!

I know God will continue to transform my heart. We need to step out and let God take over. We need to humble our heart and submit to Him. The One that is in us is bigger than the world. I will pray for you all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
countrybumpkin said:
.. I'm the young man at home because that's where I'm comfortable . I used to get invited out a lot but always turned them down , always wished I'd gone...
me too. the "he hasn't gone anywhere in twelve years" part scares me to death though.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just got through reading the article. I got teary-eyed. Thanks TruSeeker777 for posting it.

Peace be with you,
Marcus

My favorite section:
"God chose you to be His child before the world began.
That choice was based on His own good pleasure
Based on that choice, God called you to Himself
You are justified (declared righteous based solely on the work of Christ)
You will ultimately be glorified.

Everything that happens to you in life is designed by God to transform you into that ultimate expression of His glory. And the Father gave His Son to make this transformation possible. So how does this relate to the fear of man? Consider this. Since the Father chose to save you, and offered the very life of His Son to provide this salvation, then it follows that He will keep and protect you from all harm. This passage clearly states that God has justified you no one can effectively condemn or judge you. You are God’s chosen and belong to Him. He has set His eternal love on you. Since you have been accepted by God in Christ, then you are totally secure. If you believe this and keep it before you, then what others think of you or what they do to you will lose significance. If God is for us, it doesn’t matter what others may do to us. You belong to Him, and He takes perfect care of His own. There is nothing in this life that can break your relationship with God or separate you from His love. Other people, and even supernatural entities can’t even touch you without the permission of your Sovereign, omnipotent heavenly Father. I encourage you to allow the Spirit of God to minister this truth to your heart. As you meditate on it, then fear and insecurity will lose its hold in your life."

·
Registered
254 Posts
some awesome stuff there!!!!

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
What a great guide, i have bookmarked this in my favorites folder and I've opened up my bible and started reading, which i haven't done in a while

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you so much TruSeeker777 for the site. I've bookmarked it so it can be a constant reminder in my life that God is with me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi... i have social anxiety but its relaly strange cos im afraid ppl will think i lust after them when im with them.. and i dont noe how to behave with ppl as a result.. i dont noe why its this way. and i have unwanted sexual impulses too. does nyone identify with me?? :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
So are you saying S.A. comes from the devil and if we believed in God or were born again Christians it would no longer be a issue in our lives if we have faith in God and trusted him???????
I have to say I never thought of it as coming from the devil before it rather does make sense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Secretive said:
So are you saying S.A. comes from the devil and if we believed in God or were born again Christians it would no longer be a issue in our lives if we have faith in God and trusted him???????
I have to say I never thought of it as coming from the devil before it rather does make sense.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

As was also said in that article - the Bible says in Proverbs 29:25 "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

I've been a born-again Christian for almost 35 years now and though i have had SAD and all it's accompanying symptoms for over 6 years, i will not despair. My hope is in Christ and His Word alone. For me, it is a test, and, boy, what a test! A very uncomfortable test. Christ desires to shake our confidence in anything but Him from our lives. Sometimes He allows sickness, diseases and disorders to keep us close and dependant on His strength, which is our joy and comfort! The enemy of our souls, Satan, is a liar and father of all lies - a defeated foe by the blood of Jesus!!

This passage has been a source of strength for me when daily struggling with SAD -

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

FYI, "the right hand of my (the Father's) righteousness is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself!!! :nw

Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Meditate on God's infallible holy Word, sing praises unto the Lord our Redeemer, our mighty Tower and our Refuge in times of trouble. Pray as the Word says "without ceasing" Let the illuminating light of the Holy Spirit show you possible areas of unconfessed sin. Walk in humility before God and blameless. You will see the chains fall from your hands, feeet, and neck as the Spirit ministers to you the sweet freedom of life in Christ!!!

AMEN!!!

Ray :)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts