Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the leaf, nature has achieved a great feat of technology. It has succeeded in doing what scientists, with all their sophisticated tools, have been trying to do for decades: using light to drive the splitting of water into its component parts to make a fuel. A conceptually simple idea, perhaps, but one that has taken up whole careers and absorbed billions of dollars of research funding.

We are currently stuck, but will this be our answer to the energy problem?

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Sort of have
Solar panels convert sun light to electrical energy I much more useable form of energy for us .
I don't see why we would need to replicate photosynthesis what's the point of doing it when plants do it already and they are the source of energy themselves .

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sort of have
Solar panels convert sun light to electrical energy I much more useable form of energy for us .
I don't see why we would need to replicate photosynthesis what's the point of doing it when plants do it already and they are the source of energy themselves .
One big thing---converting CO2 helps get rid of the much of the greenhouse problem. Get artificial photosynthesis and this would be a dream come true.
Minor points include affordability, less surface area and need to change those expensive photovoltaic cells...

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Plant more trees , let them do the work as they are supposed to
Solar panels may be expensive but produce no waste except for production of them so less than coal
More trees + solar panels and wind power is a pretty good alternative

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Plant more trees , let them do the work as they are supposed to
agreed

and encouragement of algaculture, since algae are huge consumers of NO2 and CO2

unfortunately, our oceans will soon be too acidic to promote the growth of beneficial algae

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes. They have used Nanoparticles to increase bioluminecence. I am continually amazed at what science is doing. I just wish society was geared to create more scientists and to help them breed more. I think the world would become a more compassionate place

·
Registered
27 Posts
Leafs are far more advanced then what we can build. For information, leafs use quantum physic tricks to boost the efficiency of transfering electrons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts