Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about this before and i got a fair amount of advice but the situation has evolved since then ..

I'm currently in junior year of my high school. I became friends with a new guy in my grade at the start of the year. The first semester was really nice but other people thought he was a little weird, We got incredibly close and friendly. Come second semester, He became a little distant and started making some new friends and i was a little annoyed by that but thought that it was just me being possessive but then he started talking to the one guy who hated him the first semester and now they're close and it irritates me that he never tries to come forth and talk to me as much as he used to. However whenever he does talk to me he's really nice and tells me he really loves me as a friend. He also tells other people that if there was anyone he could really trust in our grade it would be me and that i'm a really good friend.

what should i do ? someone please help me because its been eating away at me .. Should i completely cut off ? or should i keep my distance ?

PS - i value our friendship because most of my friends are girls (i'm a guy) and he's one guy who isn't arrogant like the rest of them in my school are. I do have other friends but because we were so close i don't want it to end between me and him.

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
Then don't end it! You'll get used to sharing him(which, by the way, is healthier than being too wrapped up in each other), and he's made it clear he thinks of you as a good friend.

I mean, what would you give as your reason for 'breaking up' with him? "I don't want you to talk to anyone else?" ..... that would sound silly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely agree to the fact that I should not cut off from him but i want us to be close like we used to be a few months ago. Is that too much to ask ?

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
I don't think it's something that you can force. You'll just have to wait and hope that the novelty of the new friendship wears off and things go back to how you want them to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts