Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody like doing things that require little or no concentration so that they can think? For example I really like washing dishes at work because I can think, daydream, or zone out; for some reason I can't keep my thoughts straight if I'm doing nothing. Also I will do repetative things like walking back and forth (pacing) and rock in place. This is really bizarre. :con

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I feel like I'm on autopilot most of the time. Yea I did enjoy my last job where all I had to do was push a button and I would just zone out and daydream. I spend more time in lala land than I do in reality.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yep, I like repetitive activities :D Most of the time, my mind is in overdrive, going a million miles an hour & doing simple repetitive things helps me to let my mind relax a little. My favorite job was factory, doing the same things day in & day out...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
leppardess said:
Yep, I like repetitive activities :D Most of the time, my mind is in overdrive, going a million miles an hour & doing simple repetitive things helps me to let my mind relax a little. My favorite job was factory, doing the same things day in & day out...
My brain tends to do that too frequently. Jumping from one thought to another to another. Eventually im like,stop!!!!!!!!!!! Usually ill try to take a nap, or go online for distraction.
my mind is like: :clap , yet my body has no energy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sometimes when I'm doing something monotonous at work I really like it and if someone were to walk up to me and start talking it would be like the worst thing ever

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Maike said:
Sometimes when I'm doing something monotonous at work I really like it and if someone were to walk up to me and start talking it would be like the worst thing ever
or your working really good, then someone is standing over you and all of a sudden you are dropping things and not able to do things as good as you were 3 seconds ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts