Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably one of my worst habbits. I always have to repeat myself cause they didn't hear what I said, or nearly every time I always go "what?" "excuse me?" when someone says something.

Sometimes I know exactly what they just said but I say it anyway without thinking and out of reflex. It's pretty bad, puts people off talking to you much at all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meh, I think it's only because I'm to distracted inside my head, just gotta pay a little more attention around me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't speak loud enough most of the time, and mumble, so it gets annoying when some people keep saying "what?". Others can understand for some reason.

I ask others to repeat themselves for 'fun' and to stall so I can think of an answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, thats a bad habit of mine as well. Though, i've noticed most people don't mind repeating themselves. I usually ask "what?" when someone starts talking to me and I'm not expecting it. I wouldn't do it during a conversation unless I actually didn't hear them.

·
Banned
877 Posts
Meh, I think it's only because I'm to distracted inside my head, just gotta pay a little more attention around me.
This is a great explanation, as I too think I'm way too distracted in my thought life to pay enough attention outwardly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts