Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think that religion will help overcome SA? Believing in God or having some sort of faith will help one overcome one's insecurities and anxieties?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey Seagreen16,

For me personally my Faith has helped. I'm slowly starting to finally get help for my SA because of it.

I came across this inspirational article cited here on SAS a couple weeks ago: http://oneway.jesusanswers.com/socialanxiety.html
It's a faith-based approach to conquering SA. At the very least, I think it's an interesting read. Take a look if you like. :)

Peace to you,
Marcus
:lurk

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah while religion may help with depression,it doesnt when it comes to Social anxiety...when i pray i may feel a tad better but it goes away as quick as it came.

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
It's helped me. I've found hope and purpose for my life, and a reason to get up every morning. I've found the more I get to know God, and the more I trust Him with my SA and give my fears to Him, the more peace and freedom I have in my life. For me, it all started with the same question you asked Seagreen16.

·
Registered
194 Posts
TruSeeker777 said:
It's helped me. I've found hope and purpose for my life, and a reason to get up every morning. I've found the more I get to know God, and the more I trust Him with my SA and give my fears to Him, the more peace and freedom I have in my life. For me, it all started with the same question you asked Seagreen16.
Spirituality has helped me as well. Mostly concerning my depression and suicidal thoughts. I now believe that I am meant to be alive and that I do have a purpose in the world. I do not believe in God, as I am a Wiccan Buddhist, but knowing that I can make a difference is a wonderful feeling. Spirituality has helped to fulfill my life. I am more open-minded now and willing to get out and do things. It can still be a struggle with my social anxiety, but it is definitely becoming better. For me spirituality has change my life and for that I am eternally thankful.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm into spirituality, and looking into something to study, something to beleive in..i don't know what to believe, i just need some peace of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts