Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking on this site for 3 years but this is just my first post. I am going with my family to visit my relatives who I haven't seen for 8 years. I'll be staying there for 1 month. Has anybody stayed with their relatives for a long time(at least a week) and actually become more social and less nervous around them? Was it a positive experience?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i went back to my home country couple years ago and i stayed there for a month and a half with soem relatives...uhmm for me no because ive always viewed my family as never understanding me so i dont really let them in...but thats just me

·
Banned
133 Posts
I haven't had that experience in particular, but that can certainly happen, provided the people in your family are willing to work together. It could be a negative experience as well, if your relatives are bad people. All I would say to do is to just be yourself, relax, and find things to do that everybody in your family enjoys, and don't focus on your differences. You should be okay. And just to let you know, everybody is nervous when being around family, especially family that you haven't seen for 8 years! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts