Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys/girls had relationship trouble directly because of you SA? My girlfriend and I have been together for 8 years (long time, right?) and we're having serious problems lately. No large issue has happened lately, but it seems more to have built up over the years. My girlfriend is very social and enjoys going out alot, and obviously having SA that's not my favorite thing to do. Many times in the past, if she would go out with friends, I would just stay home, and at the time that seemed to be fine. But I know now it was really bothering her that I wasn't with her.
Also, a few years ago, her grandmother died and was buried on the other side of the country. I didn't go to the funeral because I hate to be in an airplane for a long time because of anxiety, but now I realize that I really should have been there for her, and it's hard for her to forget that I wasn't. We have been together for so long, and she is my best friend. I just feel like my anxiety is taking away the most important thing in my life. I don't know how, or if, I can fix things.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yes you can fix things, once in a while you have to make yourself go out with her as it really means a lot to her, you might be surprised and actually enjoy yourself. don't feel guilty over the funeral thing, that's the past it can't be changed but from now on you know what you have to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.