Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Self-pity is truly the most destructive and repulsive of qualities. I'm convinced venting is as good of an idea as channeling anger and frustration through beating a boxing bag or screaming into a pillow. It's ineffective and useless. Thinking of myself and all my many ailments has been so destructive and I don't blame family members for getting bored with me. My mother would always mock my complaints by quoting the scripture "Woe is me, woe is me". This is a pathetic attitude and I won't let it define me anymore, even online.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
agreed!

so what should we do instead of complain??? thats what i cant figure out!!
small talk?? its so boring!!

at least with complaining there is passion and feeling

·
"Individual lil ditty"
46 Posts
When I'm in a Funk, pe0ple ar0und me pick up 0n it, I feel it! Thankfully, when I'm at my best, pe0ple pick up 0n it t00 and it's a Gr00vy Ruby Vibe! What I Believe and give 0ut seems t0 all0w that which I gain.

Quite Frankly, I find it Int0lerable t0 be ar0und chr0nic negativity. It's a h0rrific flaw t0 p0ssess. It's like fighting Happiness.

Realizing my " C0mplex s0cial Situati0n" ( Well 0ver a m0nth n0w) Has been a Great Gift f0r Learning m0re and m0re ab0ut my True self!

Pitty Patty Party and Crutches are f0r th0se wh0 fear success!

I had flash back after Flash back after learning 0f my S.A. and It's been Healing because I am 0pening the d00r f0r understanding and it kn0cked my s0cks 0ff! 0h' yeah!

I c0uld Never expect t0 plant a Th0rny R0se Bush and end up with Beautiful Peace Lilly's n0w c0uld I?

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol when I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about how some of us might not speak up when they mess up your order at a restaurant or something because of SA...

but anyway about complaining, I've been taught not to complain unless I can offer a viable solution to the problem or I intend to do something about it. But I think it's okay to vent and rant once in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.