Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I liked that post as well, judgments are something I'm working on and trying to be mindful of at the moment.

I've recently become aware of how much I use judgments - of myself and others, as a defense mechanism. you're right, it isn't so much "positive thinking" that counteracts judgment, but simply accepting. Accepting the so-called flaws in myself, and in others. There are times when judgments are useful, in that you have to recognize when certain things aren't helping you but are in fact hurting you, but generally speaking it is better to simply describe or accept, rather than to judge oneself and the world around, and everyone else in it. When a person can accept, I find that other, more valuable things follow - less self-consciousness, less self-focus, and indeed, more being conscious "of the moment".

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Well, very recently my priorities recieved a major shake-up. perhaps that is why suddenly, judgment became extremely important to me. If I am strong in my beliefs (the things that are important to me, the things that I really care about), then judgment seems to naturally fall by the wayside. I no longer seem to care so much about passing judgment on others,or even myself. So, what you say makes sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.