Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought some OTC codeine (with ibuprofen). I threw 16 pills into 500ml of water, then left to break apart. Next, I strained the mixture into a second bottle of water, which removed most of the insolubles. Ibuprofen is very weakly soluble in water (1mg/mL) and safe at low doses, so I didn't need to cool the water before straining. Even 16 x 200mg is way below the toxicity level of 100mg/kg.

Before drinking the solution, I took a domperidone pill and an antihistamine that doesn't cross the BBB. Result: no nausea, no itching, plenty of euphoria.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Nice. Unluckily in my country we don't have codeine + other drugs OTC. The interesting question is how to stay high on the codeine (or any opioid), but not (or much more slowly) build a tolerance/dependence.

What about taking low dose Naltrexone at night to upregulate the mu-opioid receptors?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The interesting question is how to stay high on the codeine (or any opioid), but not (or much more slowly) build a tolerance/dependence.

What about taking low dose Naltrexone at night to upregulate the mu-opioid receptors?
I am gonna take ultra/low-dose naltrexone 24/7 as well as magnesium (and/or ketamine) and proglumide occasionally to help tolerance. The opioid itself I shall dose regularly throughout each day. I might use a higher naltrexone dose at night like you said.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Why ultra/low-dose naltrexone 24/7? It would antagonize some of the opioid effects. But then again if you take a low dose of naltrexone at night you do have some "ultra-low" dose of it in your blood-stream at day anyway. The tricky part is to decide which dose at night is right. Maybe 5mg? Or 7.5mg?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why ultra/low-dose naltrexone 24/7? It would antagonize some of the opioid effects. But then again if you take a low dose of naltrexone at night you do have some "ultra-low" dose of it in your blood-stream at day anyway. The tricky part is to decide which dose at night is right. Maybe 5mg? Or 7.5mg?
I'm hoping "ultra low dose naltrexone" mostly antagonises opioid autoreceptors, so even if there is a little postsynaptic antagonism, I can overcome this by using more opioid.

I think low dose naltrexone is of less benefit for tolerance than ultra low dose.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I had a trip to the emergency department for taking too much codiene to treat my migraines. Doctors missdiagnosed me and said nothing was wrong, when I felt like my heart burst and my chest was caving in. I felt like I was dieing. I was screaming the whole way to the ER.
I still think I have an allergic reaction to codiene. I wont touch the stuff now. But Im fine on Ibuprofen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I took 60mg of dihydrocodeine yesterday as a starter dose, didn't get any effects from it whatsoever unfortunately, will try a higer dose at the next social thing I have to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts