Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I read that article yesterday, I got the impression that the amount is so miniscule that it would have no effect on people. It's not the first time this has happened, when Coca-Cola was originally invented it had cocaine in it, hence the name.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
It's probably a publicity stunt. Those energy drinks try to give an image of being edgy and borderline illegal. If the quantity is that small, I doubt it has any effect on taste so why include it in the first place?

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
It's just the media trying to make a story out of nothing. The "cocaine" is only an inactive degradation product that has no effect on the body. It is probably a contaminant of the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I read that article yesterday, I got the impression that the amount is so miniscule that it would have no effect on people. It's not the first time this has happened, when Coca-Cola was originally invented it had cocaine in it, hence the name.
Even with the high amounts that where originally in coca cola your belly would burst before you would get high off it. The stuff in the article is even decocanized like coke is now so I don't see the big deal. You can actually still order full strenght coca tea and have a good chance of getting it, not recommending anyone do it as customs might sieze your package but the consensus is they'll let small amounts of it through as coca leaves fall under a greay area. Which really isn't a big deal cocaine when it isn't refined is extremely weak, it's a little better than caffiene mostly it's a curiosity. I'd be more worried about the other stuff they put in energy drinks like the preservatives and the obscene amounts of sugar...

I thought it was more ridiculous they banned that "cocaine" energy drink just for the name.

·
Registered
235 Posts
mixing it

I wonder if it has do with mixing it with drinks. I don't know the name of the drink but I heard there is a drink you mix with red bull and your cut off at 3 because of whats in red bull. I am not sure if this is actually true or not.

shy

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if it has do with mixing it with drinks. I don't know the name of the drink but I heard there is a drink you mix with red bull and your cut off at 3 because of whats in red bull. I am not sure if this is actually true or not.

shy
I think the reason for that is because it's dangerous to mix alcohol (a sedative) with caffeine (a stimulant). I think there were some cases where people had heart attacks from drinking too much vodka red bulls and dancing. It's not unique to Red Bull though, it's just the most well known brand of energy drink.

·
Banned
877 Posts
I should drink more of this stuff. I remember hearing that Coca Cola use to have cocaine in it. Don't these breverage companies know any better? Geez.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I should drink more of this stuff. I remember hearing that Coca Cola use to have cocaine in it. Don't these breverage companies know any better? Geez.
I guess they don't. I'm shocked in this day and age that it would be in there. The other day my nurse asked if I drank Red Bulls. I said no. :eek:

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
For the obscene price of Red Bull it should contain cocaine.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I don't even know what it tastes like - it comes in a pretty can, though. :lol:

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Red Bull itself has an awful taste. There was a rare night when I went to a night club for a co-worker's birthday party. The drinks were already provided: either champagne or red bull with vodka. I had a few glasses of red bull with vodka. I am not kidding when I say it kept me awake until six o'clock in the morning.

In the three years I worked the overnight shift, I didn't drink any cans of that stuff.

I don't think I've seen the cola version in the grocery store.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
What did people do before energy drinks? Why do people need so much energy? Aren't we in a recession? Kick back and relax. Stopped being a hyped up workaholic moron.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts