Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life has become more "normal" than ever before - I rented a new place with my recently married wife, have a new job, and everything appears to run smoothly - the strange me suddenly turned into Mr. Normal.

Nope - SA has increased extremely since then. Since my wife cannot drive (minor medical issues), I have to drive her all the time.

I love doing it for her, but being exposed (to the public vs. staying at home in hiding, as sick as that may sound) all the time makes me sick. I have become chronically stressed.

The problem is that I cannot tell my wife this because then the argument would quickly turn into "if you really loved someone you drove her everywhere".

And since she is a enthusiastic horse rider, I have to leave home multiple times a day with her even on weekends, whereas I would really prefer to "steam off" at home and not leave it for a day or two.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She suffers extreme headaches and takes Fentanyl (100 x as strong as Morphin) as her standard medication. She always feels offended if anyone compares her/his condition to hers.

Also, she enjoys being mobile again - she was geographically and socially very isolated before. She's extremely intelligent (chess master) and a very beautiful woman, I love her from the bottom from my heart, but is that the cost I just have to accept??

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Your wife does not have the right to treat you like a free taxi just because she married you. Would she really argue like you say she would? She might be understanding and accomodating? If she does use the "if you really loved me..." argument, them I'm afraid she's being selfish and pushy. Can she take public transport sometimes, or get a friend to drive her?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts