Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have zero experience with dating, girls, etc, but the past two weekends I've made some nice progress. Last weekend I was at the bar and these two attractive friends were there. Usually if I'm attracted to a girl I'll completely ignore her due to being so nervous. After a while they went to play the touch-screen game which I was sitting right next to. I decided to actually talk to the girl next to me:

Me: What game were you playing?
Her: Photo Hunt.
Me: I love that game.

Then about a minute later they left. :) It was something though.

Friday I was at the bar (I'm there pretty much every friday/saturday night) and a regular that I know dragged me onto the dance floor. I did not want to dance but went along anyway. I actually ended up dancing with this girl who was even more attractive than the previously mentioned one. And for a good 10 minutes too probably. Then got up on top of the pool table with the friend who dragged me out and started to dance up there, with everyone looking (the pool table gets covered so people can get on there). That only lasted a minute but I would have never imagined myself doing that. Of course I wasn't sober, so that helped, but I wasn't wasted either. And usually I wouldn't dance even if I'm drunk.

Then Saturday night near the end of the night a girl across the bar was motioning to get my attention then proceeded to blow kisses at me. I was shocked. That has never happened to me and I didn't really know what to do. I said to myself 'what the hell' and blew a kiss back. She walked over to me and was saying how cute I was. That shocked me even more. Then asked for my number.

I never expected her to call, she was drunk, and so far I haven't received one, but just the encounter boosted my self-esteem a bit. I felt such a high Sunday morning. Unfortunately later in the day negative thoughts started to creep in and some analyzing started to occur. Still have to work on that aspect.

I think what helped was during those two nights I had a 'who cares, I'm never going to see these people again anyway' type of attitude. I got tired of always blowing opportunities to hit it off with someone. If I just sit there, which is what I usually do, nothing will ever happen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The girl asked you for your number? Kick ***!

:boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Way to go, Simpsein!
Three more boogies! :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
see, you don't need to be drunk

It's funny i am getting a lot better socially with my SA and evryone likes to attribute it to the pills i take. I have been taking medicene for several years some work better than others, but the biggest motivator lately has been my attitiude. Like you mentioned even drunk you usually won't get up on a pool table... and it looks like you got some great responses.Way to go simpsein (pats on back).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Way to go!

Sounds like you are well on your way to kickin' this thing cuz a boost like that can go a long way. In fact, several months ago I was in the same boat but have found some things that helped me out. I always found that I had a harder time talking with women than men and focused on how to improve my confidence around them. I had tried a bunch of things in the past, so I figured why not try one more thing? I bought this book called DoubleYourDating. It's a cheap e-book that you can get online. There's also a free newsletter that you can check out first if you're apprehensive about buying it. Well, once I got it, I found that there was a lot of good stuff in it. Yes, to help out with women, but really for confidence. It opened up a whole new area for me and led to the concept of neuro-linguistic programming or NLP. It's a fairly new area of psychology and I have found it to be invaluable. For pretty much my whole life I have had a hard time even being around people, but in just a few months I am to the point where people want to hang out with me. I haven't felt anxiety around people for several weeks and can even strike up conversations with complete strangers without feeling self-conscious. Basically, what I'm saying is that if you or anyone else in the same situation are looking for a way to get ahead of your problem, check these things out. And, if you have any questions, write me. Hopefully this can be of help to someone, cuz this site has been very helpful to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, simpsein.
Now just go ahead this way.
That place seems interesting for know people and girls.
Drop in that place regularly and let everybody know you. I mean everybody.

·
Registered
288 Posts
thats cool.....congrats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts