Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who had an interview recently, what questions did they asked you?

My last interview they asked me behavioural/scenario type questons like:

"if a customer is demanding you to fix a product that is out of warranty, what do you do?"

"if a loved one is sick at home, and you have to go to work, what do you do?"

"name a time you went above and beyond your call of duty" (or something like that)

I'm hoping we can start a list of updated interview questions for the job seekers on this board...you know, whatever to help make the process less stressful, and more successful.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, don't temp me :b

So I had another interview yesterday. It was a short one and they only asked why I wanted to work for them. They just mostly wanted to know what time I can work. [and the bashing begins] I don't see why they couldn't have just done a phone interview with me if that's all they needed to know. Would've saved me a lot of time and angst[/end of bashing].

Anyone else recently/currently job hunting here, or am I the only one? :poke

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm job hunting too. I got the question in an interview today..

"What makes you stand out from others in your field?"
I stubbled my way through that one....yikes.

"What is your least favorite part of the field?" (in my case, graphic design)

·
Registered
660 Posts
The biggest weakness one is always a drag. Last time I just said that I was a perfectionist (is this a "weakness"?).

The one that really tripped me up was "what is your ultimate career goal?" Well really, I just want to have a steady job and make money. I don't want to be CEO of the company or anything. But you can't really say that.

Job interviews are really fake, anyhow. I think they pretty much expect you to fib a little.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some questions i was asked in my only job interview. I can't remember the exact questions but they went something like this:
-Why do you want to work in this company?
-If we were to ask your lecturer about you, what do you think he would say about you?
-Tell us a time when you applied something you learnt from uni in the real life.
-Tell us a time when you had a conflict and how you responded to it.
They also asked company-specific questions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Interviews are so fake. You basiclly have to sound like you'll do ANYTHING for the company, you'll come in sick or if there's an emergency; that you'll make this job the CENTER of your universe.

Have you ever had an interview with Wal-Mart? The STUPIDIEST interview questions ever. Seriously, I was so turned off by the interview that I didn't want to work there anymore. They pretty much wanted you to be their little kiss-butt doormat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a job - haven't started yet but am praying it works out. Was unemployed for a month and a half. Hated the interviews. Hated the stress. Everyone says, Oh you are so lucky to have the time off. I couldn't enjoy it though cuz I was online looking at jobs (advertisements for recruiters more or less) and stressing out so much about the whole thing. I live alone so I need a job.

I hate the questions - where do you see yourself in 5 years, biggest weakness, greatest strengths, and on and on and on.

Luckily, the majority of the interviews I went on weren't full of these bs questions. The job that I got was a great interview and I think it was because I (at that point) didn't care if they gave me the job or not (it's a 2 hr drive in morning traffic) so I was relaxed (amazing). After 3 more weeks of searching unsuccessfully they called me for a 2'nd interview and at that point I realized what a find this place actually was (great benefits, pay was decent, nice people, good environment). If you can get the mind frame that if they want you, great and if not, their loss - it really helps you get through the questioning.

Now, I've got the jitters about starting a new job ......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats fairytails on the new job!! Your post brings to mind an article i read in the latest Reader's Digest magazine about generating real confidence.
Similar to what you said, the idea was that for someone to portray genuine confidence, he/ she has to think that whatever he/ she is pursuing or doing will eventually be achieved. Instead of worrying alot, we have to be positive because people trust and favor others who are more confident than others. And when you say to yourself that you are going to ace the interview, its almost certain that confience will follow.
Again, good job!!! Let's party!! And good luck on the job!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've never done a job interview but it's around the corner and I'm really concerned. Well the company I worked for has gone belly up so to speak but looks like it's being bought out so none of us know if we are re-hired (about 20 full time employees) so we have to be interviewed. I'm a basket case really caue as I said never done a interview only had 3 jobs first one as a teenager my sister worked there 2nd job was resume sent in and someone called and said come to work monday. This one that I have had for years & years same sort of deal. So I've NO idea what to expect what is concerning me greatly is that my face was be RED the entire time and that I won't be able to put a sentence together. I have been going over it and over it what they might ask how I will answer and I even thought that I could sort of jokingly say I'm nervous cause I've never done a interview before to sort of break the ice. It maybe just be formality in that everyone might be re-hired but who knows. I know I will be having a anxiety attack: shakes, blushing, trembling voice and not even saying what I want to say I mean to promote myself. I'm actually feeling a bit shaking here writing about it. UGH I'll have to pop a sleeping pill that night too if I know about it in advance!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
recent interview questions

Hi - I'm new and if you want to learn more about my background see my post in "Lexapro" :lol Anyhow, I just came back from a very high falutin' big money NYC job interview. I nailed the job and got a job offer. I suffer from GAD and SAD. I am excited and anxious..

My advice here is - don't think about it that someone is interviewing you - think about it as if YOU are interviewing them. Take the mystery out of it. We social anxiety types think everything is a mountain to climb - even a simple handshake can become complex. If you are trying to "get the job" you should think about what brought you there, what you want out of life and what your goals are. So, turn it around (and don't be cocky). Everyone kisses some booty sometimes so don't feel so bad. Find out facts - what is challenging about the job? what is the 'team' like? Make eye contact and ask questions. There is nothing that makes you feel as empowerd as doing some research on the company and looking like a star. Anxiety types need a bag of tricks so you can concentrate on somehting other than your anxiety. Get a book maybe...

Job interviews should not be that deep and EVERYONE gets nervous but SAD takes it up a notch. So, remember they want to know YOU because a lot of work environments are like high school (unfortunately for SAD types) and are based on human dynamics - so don't be afraid to show them who you are. If you don't get hired maybe it is better off for YOU! Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.