Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work as a private tutor. I have a new client who is in an adult education programme and really struggles with writing essays. So today I was at his house for the second time and his exam is on Monday. It was just meant to be a very short term tuition arrangement.

So today's lesson starts with him wanting to chat. That is quite normal as people want to get to know you a little if you go to their house. But he sort of suggests that we meet up for dinner some time. I ignore that b/c he is totally not my type. In the middle of the lesson he mentions that he would like to carry on with the tuition after his exam. Then, at the end as I am saying my goodbyes he tells me that he cant actually afford tuition on a long term basis but that he is a qualified massage therapist and could massage me in return for tuition. :eyes :lol I said that I was going to think about it.

There are probably people who would accept that but I wouldn't. I wouldnt accept a massage from a man who has already let me know that he is interested. I think I would only ever have someone whom I am dating or whom I am paying massage me.

Do you think he was genuine and it just didnt occur to him that it was a slightly strange proposal?
Or was he trying to make a move?

And women, would you accept something like that?

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Sounds like he was either making a move or he really, really, really wanted you to keep tutoring him.

I would accept if I liked the guy, otherwise, no, I wouldn't accept and try to decline the offer nicely.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
He's coming on to you. You said he wasn't your type so you'll have to turn him down. If you agree to the massage then you will lead him on, which is not a nice thing to do to a guy.

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
Sounds like a 'Sex and the City' episode plot.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The guy sounds totally creepy. Come on! He asked you out and then offers to massage you!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Lol, that's hilarious! Yeah it seems like he was making a move... but then again, maybe it was just a desperate attempt to keep you tutoring him :) I personally wouldn't accept it, especially if he seemed to like me and the feelings weren't mutual.

·
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it is pathetic really. Very desperate.

Why is it that only ever creeps and weirdos come on to me?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah, it is pathetic really. Very desperate.

Why is it that only ever creeps and weirdos come on to me?
I was going to try and prove you wrong, but then I realized that as a known creep and weirdo, that would sort of backfire. But yeah, I think it's the mock "exchange" part that disturbs me the most about this guy... oh, I'll massage you in exchange for your tuition. Awesome.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
LOL it's a move alright.
No I wouldn't take the massage LOL I get freaked out if people are too
Touchy towards me.

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
At least he didn't come on like this person...

·
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL

He actually just called me! He told me that he was deferring tomorrow's exam (the one he had tuition for). Why did he need to tell me that? I dont know.

He then carried on talking and I was actually trying to get off the phone saying stuff like: 'Well, I wish you good luck with your future studies.' He ignored that and then mentioned having tuition again. :sus

I wanted to put a stop to that so I said: 'Oh, werent you the one who...' He didnt let me finish and seemed quite embarrased (good!). He said that he could pay me and then offered me half my usual hourly rate. I mean, who would do that? Piss someone off and then call them up and ask for a 50% discount! :eyes :lol

So now I am rid of him and I hope I wont bump into him b/c his lives just a few streets away!

What a weirdo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts