Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I had..a talk earlier tonight....and we were in his room talking privately..and then he goes on about saying how I need to grow balls and basically have the guts to finally start talking more..and that I don't need to be so quiet and shy and there's nothing to be shy about..he seemed pretty pissed off and annoyed..

Then he ends up going on about how his..mom ****ing said that shes worried I'll end up hurting him (if not killing him) from bottling up emotions and holding everything in from being so quiet....
I HATE THAT STEREOTYPE!!!!!!! -_-.......

Do all people think quiet people and people with social phobia are gonna end up killing everyone in sight? Of course they do..apparently. Then I asked him (through text of course cause im an idiot and cant talk in person) that if he can see me hurting him or killing him..and he has the nerve to say "If you keep bottling up your emotions then I can see you hitting and not mean to..Im being honest"

So I guess now he thinks that his girlfriend that loves him and tries to show that she loves him, is gonna hurt him. I have a temper problem and yeah I snap..but I can't lay a finger on someone else..

Then he gets all pissed and says if I have anything to say (In person) then I should say it now..cause he doesnt wanna hear about this conversation again.. or he'll get really pissed off..so now im scared to even talk or mention it to him..so im ending up bottling up my emotions and thoughts again if he doesn't want me to talk about it...

I don't know..should I stay with this dude..? He's seeming different and I just feel betrayed that he thinks I'm a person that could end up being violent towards him..it makes me feel a little heart broken..........and unappreciated.....

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
...He doesn't want to hear about the conversation again, after saying crap like that??! :con:no

How understanding is he about your social anxiety? You should try explaining to him that it's hard for you to express emotions and that the sterotype of quiet people going on killing rampages is ridiculous (and offensive).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You need to ask yourself one question, do you want to be with someone who doesn't appreciate you and lets his mum poisen his thoughts against you? You probably know the answer already but don't want to face being alone.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I agree with the others... Is it worth being with someone like that?

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
he goes on about saying how I need to grow balls and basically have the guts to finally start talking more..and that I don't need to be so quiet and shy and there's nothing to be shy about..he seemed pretty pissed off and annoyed..

Then he ends up going on about how his..mom ****ing said that shes worried I'll end up hurting him (if not killing him) from bottling up emotions and holding everything in from being so quiet....

he has the nerve to say "If you keep bottling up your emotions then I can see you hitting and not mean to..Im being honest"

Then he gets all pissed and says if I have anything to say (In person) then I should say it now..cause he doesnt wanna hear about this conversation again.. or he'll get really pissed off..
This all sounds rather unhealthy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts