Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this?

i don't know it sounds fun to me when i first consider it. but when i consider it more then i am less sure how nice it would really be. it would be a book that you both want to learn some things from, where you might have to reinterpret sentences or summarize paragraphs for each other for clarity sometimes, and in general put some effort into understanding what exactly is being said. i feel like it might be draining very quickly, and maybe it IS true that reading on your own is the best way to read. but i sometimes want to share things as i read them with someone who would have appreciated reading whatever i am sharing.

sometimes it would be nice if reading could be more interactive (and this must be widely appreciated given the variety of reading circles and book clubs that exist cross-culturally). but if you are right next to the person - if you are living with them or spending a lot of time with them - then couldn't you read the book with them, at the same time, from the same book? and sometimes what if you just like hearing the voice of the other person??

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Hmm that is odd, but it sounds nice. I've never tried it; though sometimes my boyfriend will randomly read me a pargraph or so of a book he's reading if it's really good or he thinks I'll like it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts