Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never read it; never will.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many have actually read the world's #1 book of all time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good pollling question.

I've read most of it, but can't say I've read it straight through, so I'm sure I've missed some.
This is my personal belief about the Bible...it is one of the most powerful things that God has given for our use here on Earth....It is referred to as the Sword of the Lord (only weapon mentioned in the Armor of God)

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
Meh.. I had to take 4 college Theology courses; therefore I was forced to read the Bible, read notes of interpretations of the Bible, listen to lectures on all of it and the history of Christianity, and watch videos on all of it. I thought my brain was going to explode it was so full of Christ. I go to a private Jesuit college, but I'm not religious at all. Strange decision, but it's a good school.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
Read parts of it? Yes.

Willingly read parts of it? Sorta.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Drella's_Rock_Follies said:
I thought my brain was going to explode it was so full of Christ.
:lol I'm going to start using that whenever someone tries to tell me I'm going to Hell. I'll say "You're full of Christ!".

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
I try to read a bit everyday but I still haven't read it all. It's amazing to me how the words sometimes just jump off the page and relate to whatever is going on in my life at the moment. Maybe that's why they call it the Living Word.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I believe in God and Jesus and all that, but I havent really read the bible. :stu

However, I do know that David beat Goliath. :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
TruSeeker777 said:
I try to read a bit everyday but I still haven't read it all. It's amazing to me how the words sometimes just jump off the page and relate to whatever is going on in my life at the moment. Maybe that's why they call it the Living Word.
Same with me.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
I intend to start reading the Bible this summer....I have tried to in the past but never could understand it....I think it's best to read it with the help of an instructor, friend, study group, or reference books to help you understand it....There are a lot of Bruce&Stan Guides to the Bible, the Bible for Dummies, the Bible for Idiots, the Complete Guide to the Bible 101, The Word etc. that will help people understand what they are reading, and put it in context....Some sort of aid seems very necessary in order to understand it, it can be an extremely hard book to read.Everyone suggests starting with the Book Of John, when attempting to read the Bible....

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
For a while, I was reading a book a month. Ezekiel was my first book - it had so many dimensions listed for the Arc of the Covenant, it was mind bolggling. i also liked to read about the descendants of David and how each one was different in the way he'she did things. I think I remember that being the Chronicles books. Revelations freaks me out too much right now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts