Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a reaction of alcohol since drinking it and I break out and get rashes down my face and back.

I noticed it got way better once I stopped taking beta blocker, now I'm back on beta blocker and it's ten times worst. How is this chemically happening that a beta blocker can make my reaction to alcohol worst?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
It might have something to do with the effect of propranolol on your ethanol metabolism resulting in increased acetaldehyde levels because of genetic predisposition. More or less just guessing.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
I used too rash out really bad after drinking it usually happen's by drinking cheap booze or drinking too quickly, or drinking too quickly the next day and not giving the body time too recover, it's a heat rash cause by too much Vasodilation underneath the skin if you go for a cold shower it will go away, one time i got the rash in my throat and it felt like it was gonna swollen shut,

Also there alot of sulfites in cheap booze too preserve it they can cause it as well.

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
Some alcohols contain really high concentrations of fructose (i.e. Rekorderlig cider)
I dont usually get acne or 'sugar pimples' from alcohol, but that cider makes my skin go crazy. They arent really even pimples, they are just little red dots that look like mosquito bites

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I've never had such a reaction to alcohol & I take beta blockers. Currently on bisoprolol; previously on atenolol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts