Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everybody. I've been reading this forum for a bit but I think it's time I actually start talking to people like myself, or I will surely go insane ^^

I am 20 years old and I have no idea where my life is going. My best guess is an early grave, because I can't imagine being a normal and productive member of society. The last two years especially have been pretty harsh, a giant mess resulting from bad decisions that were spurred on by fear and depression, including two s****** attempts, one of which nearly succeeded.

I have been diagnosed by various doctors and psychiatrists as having social phobia/social anxiety disorder, schizoid/avoidant/dependent personality disorders, Severe Atypical Depression, and other related diseases and disorders. I would agree with any or all of them, and sometimes I don't think I really belong in any particular category. I just know I'm really depressed and afraid of people, and can't seem to get motivated to help myself.

I hope that by talking with you folks that I can get help or inspiration to change my life. Otherwise I'm very afraid that I'll end up dead or homeless. I know in my heart that I want to live and enjoy life, and not stay miserable and alone, but I need help. So I came here. I'm looking forward to meeting you all ^^

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Amras, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Amras! :)