Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is a Christian theologian and he is someone I really look up to and admire. He goes around the world and teaches about God/Christianity in a way people can understand and even rationalize. I wonder if any of you other Christians have heard of him? There are videos of him on youtube as well. Also, Frank Turek is another one who does this and also is on youtube and regular tv. I am very interested in this field and am seriously considering going back to school for it. Also, they have websites up www.rzim.org and www.crossexamined.org that I believe you can even ask questions on. But yeah, any of you Christians heard of them/interested in their stuff?
Also, some good sites are: www.godandscience.org
www.provethebible.net

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
I've never heard of him before now, but upon reading about him on Wikipedia, I must say that he sounds interesting. Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for him the next time I'm at the bookstore.

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, there are a lot of videos with him if you search for him on youtube. He's really good! I think his website is www.rzim.org though. I have only heard him speak, haven't gotten a chance to read anything from him yet. The wonderful set-backs of not having a job :sigh

·
Registered
81 Posts
RZ is a Christian apologist - one who contends for the Christian faith.

I'm into apologetics too - it is a great way to learn the truth of God's Word while learning the falsehoods of cults/false religions.

Also, you might be interested in a website called wayofthemaster.com - one of the people involved in apologetics on that site is Kirk Cameron, the star of the 80's sitcom 'Growing Pains'

Ray ;)

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of Razi but I just watched a bunch of his videos on youtube, and wow, he is awesome! He is so passionate and explains things based on facts and so clearly explains what I think in my mind. Illlaymedown, thank you for posting this. Also thank you for posting the link to provethebible.net in a recent post. I read most of the website over a period of four hours straight. I've never been more convinced of Jesus Christ, the Bible, and God. I can't believe how many years I have spent away from God, and how many others right now do not have a relationship with God.

I don't understand how one could be Atheist if they took a lot at this videos, read that website, and other sources. Yesterday for the fun of it I looked up the '100 errors in the Bible' as provethebible.net said is worth taking a look to see the ridiculous errors people nitpick on. So I looked, and these 100 errors are pretty ridiculous, like saying in different versions of the bible the word trimmed might be spelled "trimed" in one and "trimmed" in another. But provethebible.net devotes an entire chapter on how the Bible has evolved to what is today and how manuscripts were made back then. The ancient people had a very strict manuscript reservation policy where if even a few words were off the document was worthless, and I even remember reading that the scriptor was to ignore even a Kings presence if he was busy writing a copy of the manuscript.

I really suggest people read this site, it answers all questions. And people need to understand how closely religion and science are related. Advances in science have actually helped further prove the events in the bible. Also, the theory of evolution is explained in great detail. They discuss how no evidence of bones over 150 years has been found regarding Darwins theory of living things developing in stages, aka there are no bones of these "transistory" beings that exist. And also, all living things didnt come into existance at different times, and there is no proof for the macroevolution theory.. It is known that a species will change according to its environment, but it was seen that birds went back to the pre-changed state after an irregular environment thing happened to cause them to adapt in the first place. Darwinian's theory has no explanation for this regression in development.

I could type for days, but everyone who has posted probably already knows this.

I really feel like I need to devote my life to Jesus. I don't care if people think I'm crazy. I want to spread his word, but people become stiff or rejectful the minute I mention my beliefs to them. I was easy to get through to because I have an open mind and no religious background, but others are set in their ways. I want so badly for everyone to see what I see; to know what I know.

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^Oh, your welcome :) I read that site for hours too :lol It's pretty in depth. I have many links....like I've said elsewhere, very interested in doing my own study instead of just taking others words for them. This is why I get so freaking annoyed when people equate Christian with being stupid. We just see the evidence differently. In those mp3 downloads, there is a 4 part series(I think it's 4) each about 10 minutes long entitled "Why Are We Here"(I think, I'll go look again) and it's pretty good for Christians who are learning about faith. What faith actually is that is. It's one of the guys who works with Ravi talking. They also have really good parable type teaching and quotes and whatnot. If you find any other links you'd like to suggest, please put them up. But yeah, back on topic.....What I like most about his style is how kindly he does so and how clear and understandable it is. Also, he makes you feel what he's saying whether in a bad way or a good way. His voice sounds cool too :lol Accents FTW! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.