Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered this wonderful website at the beginning of this semester.

I have been registering for classes based on whether the professor has a lot of mandatory class discussion or assigns group projects or presentations. It's been working out pretty well.

I know I won't be able to completely avoid things like this, but it makes my stress level so much lower. Besides, I've found that the profs who don't require mostly pointless class discussion are the better teachers. I learn better when I'm listening to an authority on the subject talk about it instead of having to listen to whatever arrogant college students have to say.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
God, what a great idea! I wish to hell I had something like that in my college years. Hell, high school for that matter. I always hated classes where there was discussion. I hated teachers that would call on me because I was the only person who wouldn't talk. The more that they would try to get me to talk, the more that I would rebel.
I always thought class discussions were boring, anyway.
I had a 3.5 GPA, so all I needed was a teacher to tell me what I needed to know, so I could study it. Discussion was boring!

· PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God, what a great idea! I wish to hell I had something like that in my college years. Hell, high school for that matter. I always hated classes where there was discussion. I hated teachers that would call on me because I was the only person who wouldn't talk. The more that they would try to get me to talk, the more that I would rebel.
I always thought class discussions were boring, anyway.
I had a 3.5 GPA, so all I needed was a teacher to tell me what I needed to know, so I could study it. Discussion was boring!
Exactly! High school was the absolute worse. >_< I had a prof tell me I was a "leech" when I went in for a meeting after I decided not to drop her class after all, but only because I would lose my scholarship. I wish I had thought to tell her that telling someone with SA to get over it and talk anyway was like telling someone with diabetes to get over it and eat m&ms!

· Registered
70 Posts
I know it's a terrible way to avoid, but in all truths, it's the only way I can deal with classes until I get over this. I dunno if it works for everyone, but I always just tell my professors about my SA and they completely understand. They don't call on me until I'm ready, and the next thing you know, I'm done with the quarter! But yeah, I'm trying to start answering questions just because I really need to stop avoiding.

· Registered
192 Posts
I looked up some of my former teachers that I didn't like (which isn't many because most I like). They got bad ratings. In my old major we didn't have a choice of which professor to choose. It was only one teacher who taught specific classes that i had to take. Now I switched my major to General Studies. That gives me more choices when it comes to professors and classes. My only complaint about the site is that all of the teachers at my school aren't listed. I did manage to find one professor rating who is supposed to teach one of my summer classes. It was good.

· Too School for Cool
6,856 Posts
I check it for every class, and just try and avoid all around poor teachers. Most of my classes don't involve presentations anymore, and if they did it might not mention it on the site. I just look for any patterns of extreme ratings.

· Registered
121 Posts
I use it like crazy too! It has saved me a lot of hardships

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.