Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just gonna rank about 15 sports that matter in the US in terms of watching.

1) Basketball.

2) Football

3) Boxing

4) Baseball (Tough to watch other teams if yours has fallen out, but can rise when things are going well)

5)College basketball

6) Track and Field

7) Horseracing (Triple crown time of year)

8) MMA (More entertaining 20 yrs ago before the rule changes)

9) Tennis

10) Hockey

11) Golf

12) College football

13) Swimming

14) Nascar

15) Soccer

I guess gymnastics is relevant every 4 yrs too. I would put it ahead of Swimming which is also relevant every 4 yrs.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
1) Hockey. That's on the ice, not that terrible field hockey stuff.

The only sport I really follow, and played continually over the years. Might catch a baseball game every now and then, or watch a fight, boxing or MMA.

Suppose I would watch lacrosse, but it's quite niche, therefore hard to find on the TV and the quality of play isn't that great even in the major leagues.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
1. Ice Hockey

2. Football\Soccer

3. CFL football

4. Avoiding women with shopping carts at the grocery store. Only one broken toe suffered. Pro tip: Avoid sales areas.

5. MMA

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
1. My nephew's games (Football, Baseball, Basketball)

2. NFL

3. MLB

4. College Basketball

5 NBA

6 College Football

7 MMA

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,995 Posts
I don't follow any sports, let alone compete with anything, but my two favorites to participate in are skiing and mountain biking. I used to enjoy fencing, but I was never really that good at it.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
American football was about the only thing I was pretty good at.
I watch basketball and baseball for different reasons.
Hockey and to a lesser extent soccer are good events to view, though I don't have a great grasp of the technical aspects and the rules of the game.
Outdoor/nature/survival is something I'm interested in, but not so much viewing.
Boxing/MMA fills something more primitive in me.

Gentlemanly sports are usually bore me.
Racing is too *******.

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
1. Auto Racing

2. Motorcycle Racing

3. Hockey

4. BMX

5. Soccer

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I really only watch/follow these three:

1. Baseball

2. Basketball

3. Football (American)

For both basketball and football I'd say that overall I prefer the pro game to the college game, though in terms of rooting interest, I care more about my favorite college teams than my favorite pro teams.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I only really pay attention to big events, I like sports when I'm around people who are into them, but personally I'd rather watch skate videos or BMX.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
1. Motor Racing
2. Rugby Union/League
3. Cricket

All I watch mainly, but there's so many disciplines of motor racing and a million different series that I can barely keep up with that alone.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
1)Hockey/baseball

2)American football if I have bet on the game

3)American football if I haven't bet on the game

4)Everything else

5)Rugby

6)Cricket

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I'll just go with the sports with the main 4 leagues in the USA (with a few additions) for now.

1) Hockey

2) Soccer (aka "The Real Only True The Only Football That There Can Ever Be") - this used to be #1 undisputedly, however I'm starting to realize that it was actually playing it that I enjoyed all along.

---- bit of a drop-off here

3) Football

4) Baseball

5) Starting semantical debates on the proper ways in which to use the term "Football" (hey, it seems sporty enough!)

6) Basketball

1 - 20 of 33 Posts