Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

random work thoughts..

107K views 7K replies 509 participants last post by  Fever Dream 
#1 ·
i don't expect very many posts with this thread..

but that's okay.. it's for everyone that works and just need a place to just post whatever's on their mind.

#3 ·
just saved a girl from losing her job.

Damn. Management was getting ready to fire her. They didn't understand why she was so "Aggressive".. Once i dealt with her? She's no longer on the "Chopping Block."

NM is a mild mannered town. They aren't used to folks from The Bronx, NY..:lol

#4 ·
Yes, I'm from sleepy Minneapolis forced to deal with NYC a-holes (sorry NYC!), so it's the opposite.

Kudos to you for saving her job. Everyone has value IMHO! I do stick my neck out for people they don't like at work too, and it pains me when judgmental people say stuff about people at work because everyone IMHO is helpful in some way or another.

I sometimes trust my life to people who they hate rather than the YES people, but we all have to play the game.

#6 ·
i'm going to call her "Jesse - Fall Apart".. every time we look around she's Falling Apart over something, then calls in sick - i'm the one that has to be called in on my day off to come in an pick up the pieces.

#8 ·
oh that's really "rich"..

i get called in on my day off, because you're husband has cancer? No problem, but we find out that it's REALLY not cancer.. They haven't made a diagnosis, there's been no biopsy..

and you don't get the results back in 3 WEEKS???!!! then how in the hell do you know he has cancer?!!!!

THEN ...it later comes out that you really can't stand your co-worker, so you made up this AMAZING STORY about your husband having cancer. So you can have the next 2 weekends OFF - and i have to substitute for you?

you bi&*&ch...

#35 ·
Being on call does not work wonders for my anxiety. But i'm surprised that once i come back home, i can sleep like a log..

hell, probably LOOK like one, too.
:eek: Wow good on you! You're doing well to handle being on call. I used to work part time and was casual (hence expected to come in when others are sick etc). The 5 days a week I didn't work I'd get my clothes ready and not leave the house until aftter 3pm (the latest they'd ever called me in was 2.30). I had friends back then and boy did that piss them off :|.

#12 ·
Management should look in the mirror before they accuse the night crew of slacking off. Lazy ****s

#13 ·
there are a LOT of lonely people here in Santa Fe. i can't believe i've been called in to do emergencies, and all i'm really seeing is people who need to be touched, and talked to.. and folks wonder why i can't deal with humans after hours.

too f&*&*cking needy..

#16 ·
There's going to be a Xmas party for our hospital. There's no way in hell that i would go.

It's bad enough "working" with these people - let alone doing "mandatory social activities" with them? geez...

#17 ·
i woke up this morning, and remembered a complaint that a patient made while working in a small town in Idaho.

I will never, ever work in place that 99.5% white, 100% republican 100% mormon, and 1,000% bass ackward.

We were doing a surgery procedure, the mother and daughter wanted "More interaction" with me. First of all, the relatives shouldn't be even in the room during these procedures. It's against the law. But they allow it in this small town.

I was professional, but they wanted to get "More personal"..

I am so glad i left there. The people there were the most insecure, very needy, fearful, and definitely not "culture-forward" at all. They couldn't go to the bathroom by themselves. Grown people, had to have a family go to the bathroom with them. We're talking folks in their damn 30's and 40's..:no

#18 ·
When the patient complained, it went to our kiss-butt coordinator. who sat there and f&*&king cried when she began preaching about family "togetherness"..

I looked at her like she had just went off the deep end. i knew i wasn't going to stay there long.

it's a good thing i didn't..

#19 ·
Oh and i seen what you wrote about me on your desk 'hello22 is wasting time, etc' - wtf? Can you elaborate boss? No of course you won't, confrontation isn't your style is it, you just prefer to go to the higher topknobs and ***** about me, making sure they all think i'm lazy. Ya i shouldn't be reading your notes, hard not to when you have it left on your desk, smooth.

God i love being the favourite at work :roll

#318 ·
Oh and i seen what you wrote about me on your desk 'hello22 is wasting time, etc' - wtf? Can you elaborate boss? No of course you won't, confrontation isn't your style is it, you just prefer to go to the higher topknobs and ***** about me, making sure they all think i'm lazy. Ya i shouldn't be reading your notes, hard not to when you have it left on your desk, smooth.

God i love being the favourite at work :roll
Do they actually call you Mr. Hello22? Lol

#20 ·
gawd, i'm not a fan of "Save a Restaurant Reality" T.V. shows.

Or this guy coming in to a job because the owner is too gutless to fire their own. the star puts up hidden cameras on employees, etc. then they're busted.

People not only lose their jobs on these shows - they lose their jobs with millions of people watching..:(

#22 ·
Okay..

you expect to do examinations on celebrities, and mucky mucks - basically high maintenance type people, AND expect me to take call every other day as well? Oh? my incentive is ski lift ticket DISCOUNT at Aspen?

Well, how can i enjoy my time on the ski slopes at Aspen, if i'm working EVERY DAY and taking call EVERY OTHER DAY? (at Aspen?)

and no, i'm not doing any examinations, or kiss as&*& in the middle of the night on Mariah Carey, or Nick Cannon, or who ever the hell else that doesn't keep themselves up properly in the first damn place.

#23 ·
Wow! This chick at work was so insecure about her job, that she tried to sabotage me. When she realized i'm a smart cookie, and just blew right through her tactics? She's trying to be my friend..

I'm professional - even polite. But i am so not your friend.

#25 ·
gawd i hate it.

i treated her like i do all of my patients, and just because she's a NURSE, she wants to be treated EXTRA special. what's worse, she tried to belittle my intelligence in front of her daughter by asking the MG of a transducer i was using - and was DEAD WRONG..

"See how smart i am? i am a NURSE"..

Keep that sh&*&t up, and you'll just embarrass yourself.. like you've already done. You bitter b&*ch.