Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6921 - 6940 of 6961 Posts

·
Sas user
4,238 Posts
i have officially met the worst person at my job out of all the jobs ive been at. they talk about people behind their back, very rude to all the new coworkers, and in my case goes on loudly about any mistake i make to the boss like im not in the room. they speak in chinese which i dont really speak but i can understand what they say. never admits their at fault, i could go on and on. also speaks in a falsely high voice. but everyone knows their real voice because they lose their temper so often.

and the boss lets it be because they are buddies and they are also the last non manager whos been there over a year while everyone has quit. i dont think they want to lose their last long term member. especially since another employee quit after 6 months last month.

also i think the boss has been somewhat desensitised to it. another thing i noticed is that when i wasnt the target it didnt seem so bad. i mean it was bad but easy to forget about. but its very different when its directed at me. maybe its my low empathy idk.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
^
Damn that sounds like a sucky situation. My coworkers also talk about me in Japanese thinking I don't understand. My listening is ok I think, and even if I don't understand everything I can at least get the gist. Granted they're not saying anything bad, but like have some basic manners lol. One time I straight up asked a guy, "Why are you talking about me? I'm right here you know." And he just blanked me and went back to his conversation. Like, cool bro. Cool cool.

Also in meetings sometimes they're talking about my work but they'll just not include me in the conversation unless they absolutely have to (like they have to ask me a question or something). Oftentimes I just forcibly insert myself into these conversations, or I'll bring something up unprompted. But other times I'm just like sick of making all this effort, and I just let things slide or watch things play out. Not the healthiest way, but like this is exhausting man.

Tbh I feel like a lot of my coworkers are lacking in emotional intelligence and don't notice how their actions come across to other people. But they're so super polite and non-confrontational at the same time. It's weird af.

I think this has contributed to an overall work culture where people don't really communicate and coordinate enough, and different pieces are very disconnected. When I ask people something (that they should know and is frankly kind of important), they're just like, shrug "I dunno, I'm not in charge of that." As you can imagine the quality of projects that come out of all this. It's kind of demotivational.

Anyway, enough of my worker's alienation spiel. Gotta get back to worker. Long groan

·
Just a bit stitious
6,605 Posts
Found someone from the IT department randomly logged into my computer today. I didn’t contact them and we weren’t having any system issues so it makes me wonder if they were spying. My boss has hinted that they can track what we are doing within in system. If they really are doing that, it is pretty bad.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
22,246 Posts
I’ve worked with 3 different people on day shifts doing deliveries for the past 4-6 weeks, it’s supposed to be over now with new hires but it’s just as likely one or both of them quit & I’ll be asked to do it again next week

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
There is only one other person that does the same job as me at the place I work at and she's coming in and not doing the work. Had to message my manager that the work wasn't done yet again and I was doing it. I just find that stressful. I said to my manager if it helps I can just not go into her section at all and then some of the other staff might complain. I told her I hated messaging her this, about the lady coming in and not doing the work.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Today I just felt really wound up. I went into a toilet that she had "cleaned" and will try to write this in a way that doesn't cause 🤢 there was stuff on a toilet roll and stuff on the flush handle. She always just emptys the mop bucket, no rinsing out of the mop at all, so when I fill it with water, the water is brown.

I'm a heavy handed person as it is, I broke 3 needles in a needle felting class by accident lol, but because I felt so wound up I was putting my glass water bottle in my bag and it accidentally hit my thermos flask and smashed. Then I had water go all over the stuff in my bag. Thought my scientific calculator was okay but just had to take it apart as it's having problems. Think it will be fine when it's dry though.

·
Just a bit stitious
6,605 Posts
My company is a freaking joke. I’m falling behind, making sloppy mistakes and basically spend half the day on social media but I don’t care at all. I so badly want to quit but I can’t for a number of reasons. I do the barest of the bare minimum required of me but even that is a chore lately. I’ve never been this bad or apathetic even at my last job where my boss was a nightmare. As bad as she was…at least that company was better run than my current one is.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Im thinking now to buy two mop and buckets and keep them in a separate place to the ones she uses. I put fresh water in the bucket that she uses for the dining room and it is turning dark brown to black. The floor is sticky when you walk on it.

I cleaned her toilets on Friday. I can't say anything now as the times when I've said something they tell me she was in or she should have been in.

I do not know what is going on with her to be honest.

If I have to do her toilets I shall just do the touch points.

I told my manager "I hate having to message her this stuff" I can't keep messaging it's causing me stress.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
Going out of state tomorrow to stay in a hotel the rest of this week for work. Possibly next week too, but either way will come home for the weekend. I wish I could've gotten to ride with the guy on this route for a night though. Going in blind sucks. Just a lot to go wrong when you don't where you're going. Hopefully he left good notes at least.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
Going out of state tomorrow to stay in a hotel the rest of this week for work. Possibly next week too, but either way will come home for the weekend. I wish I could've gotten to ride with the guy on this route for a night though. Going in blind sucks. Just a lot to go wrong when you don't where you're going. Hopefully he left good notes at least.

As expected all kinds of things went wrong. What should have been a 7-8 hour day was like 12 hours.

First I don't understand why so many drivers don't put their keys in order. It's like whatever system you're using nobody else understands it. So I wasted a lot of time trying every key on the key ring at most of the stores.

And then there was a road closure and Google maps took me down 10+ miles of what seemed to be a one lane dirt through a forest where I had to go 10mph. So that was like an hour. Partially my fault for using Google maps in a truck, but really no vehicle should ever go on this road I was on.

So hopefully tonight is better. This hotel is pretty nice at least. Got a separate bedroom and living room. Food is good. Got breakfast when I got back and saved it till I woke up a bit ago. Coffee sucks as to be expected from every hotel I've ever been to.

·
Just a bit stitious
6,605 Posts
IT decided to make a huge change and of course, didn’t send any advance notice. My boss had to know it was happening also and didn’t say a word. And my department, which this change impacts the most…not only were we not notified, they screwed up and didn’t even install what we needed until a bunch of us emailed them and they realized they forgot to do our department. 🙄 And the new way…doesn’t work as well as the old way. Another useless waste of time and effort by our uh, less than stellar IT department.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
My company is a freaking joke. I’m falling behind, making sloppy mistakes and basically spend half the day on social media but I don’t care at all. I so badly want to quit but I can’t for a number of reasons. I do the barest of the bare minimum required of me but even that is a chore lately. I’ve never been this bad or apathetic even at my last job where my boss was a nightmare. As bad as she was…at least that company was better run than my current one is.
I'm trying to find another job before I fall into this state lol. Really hard to focus on the work when everything is so disorganised and pointless..

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
One of my coworkers is taking back one of the days of putting in a few extra hours each week that I've been covering the whole year. Part of me is disappointed to be making less money, but it's going to be really nice to only be working 45-50 hours a week again.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
Useless advice from "career coach" on LI lmao:
Great question [Name]! When I'm coaching freelancers on niches, for sure, there are some that are more rich with opportunity that others- i.e. technical writing! As a non-technical person, I myself did not resonate with trying to (and hopelessly failing at!) writing technical pieces. I wrote what I knew and what I WANTED to write on. And then found people that valued that too. So my question to you is: what areas are you interested in? Who are companies you admire in this space? And do you feel confidence in pitching ideas to them? 😊
Basically only the last three questions are relevant to the original question (which was asking what other types of writing there are out there besides TW). And even then it gives off heavy "no shxt sherlock" vibes.

Also giving off the "what do you want to eat?" "i don't know, what do you want to eat?" vibes.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
Tech people at my work are so sloppy! The same thing is labelled with 3 different names in different places. It's like playing detective trying to figure out what is what. I know probably 3 different people made them, but Seriously just take 5 minutes to check with each other, or look up what the other person did first?? It's not that hard.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
Parents keep sending me job postings from CSIS (basically the Canadian secret services). I said "not interested" the first few time but of course that doesn't mean anything to them. Ended up spewing like a 5-minute rant to them about the application process and the surveillance and the high-profile lawsuits/complaints from minority group ex-employees who were harassed and discriminated against there. I mean, just look at the RCMP and you'd have a pretty good idea what the CSIS is like huh.

I don't understand why my parents don't seem to be able to learn lessons from life experience like most people do? My dad worked for a government entity for decades and the amount of office politics was insane - probably more than I've ever experienced at all of my private employers combined. And the lack of meritocracy, promotions/hiring/assignments by connections and personality. He's had co-workers that flat out cut ties with their whole department or just walked off one day and never came back. And yet he thinks it's some kind of ideal workplace??

Not to mention the pay is insultingly low for the bull**** they put you through. $100K for like a year-long application process where they dig into every detail of your life? No thanks. And apparently it's one of the most sought-after employers. Or maybe they're just saying that to blow smoke up their own behinds.

·
Dogra Magra
3,878 Posts
Useless advice from "career coach" on LI lmao:

Basically only the last three questions are relevant to the original question (which was asking what other types of writing there are out there besides TW). And even then it gives off heavy "no shxt sherlock" vibes.

Also giving off the "what do you want to eat?" "i don't know, what do you want to eat?" vibes.
Another person replied something along the lines of, "All writing is technical writing, only some of us were not formally trained." Ummm... no???? TW is a specific kind of writing ... I'm starting to get why people so many people think LI is cancer now 😂

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
It's odd how it's becoming more and more normal to use social media acronyms in work inquiries. I've been seeing so much "idk" or "ic". Someone used "jais" in a sentence which I had no clue what it was. Googling or urbandictionary found nothing. Eventually she annoyingly have to clarify to me it as "just as I suspected" and she was in disbelief I didn't know what "jais" stood for. Yet ironically on the same inquiry, she typed the word "so" with like twelve Os as a way to express her tone.

6921 - 6940 of 6961 Posts