Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6801 - 6820 of 6879 Posts

·
Just a bit stitious
6,167 Posts
Well I have unloaded on my employer plenty of times in the thread so I feel like I should acknowledge when they actually did something good. I received a nice letter and decent sized gift from the company in honor of my 5th anniversary..two months late but something is better than nothing. My boss didn’t sign the lettter though.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I'm absolutely dreading going back to work to face the avalanche of crap coming. We had off this past week and instead of doing work the week after Christmas, I largely didn't do any work at all. I tried to decompress, as in the past two years I've barely taken any full days off. Not that I haven't said this before, but I just can't do this job any longer. I have nothing left for it. It takes up too much of my attention. I need a job that is just rote and simple at the moment. Of course I've been saying this for two decades, and all last year when this job has become particularly stressful. Did I apply anyplace? Take a guess.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
It's seriously tempting to pull an Antonio Brown at my job today. That's how bummed I am about going back to work.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
Giving constructive criticism, room to act on the improvement, while giving strongsuits as I do the work? Sounds like a decent workplace to be in.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Just a bit stitious
6,167 Posts
Yeah…I really should be more careful and pay better attention to my job. Keep stumbling on careless mistakes I made. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but if I actually gave a damn…they wouldn’t be happening.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,218 Posts
Got hit by a drunk driver last night. I'm having terrible luck with that kind of thing lately. Had that guy fall asleep and hit me a few months ago and now this. As we were passing each other I was thinking, "wow that guy is close" and then bam. Everyone was fine luckily. I mean he went to jail when the cops got there, but no injuries to either of us. I'm worried my company will find fault with something I did though. Guess I'll find out Monday.

·
Super Moderator
9,460 Posts
I tend to have a knack of questioning authority and the context of instructions/directions given to me, even though I try to do it in the most respectful manner possible. Instead of just doing what I am told to do. I know in some ways this can be seen as a plus, but in most cases in the regards of work politics, this is usually bad, stupid and self-sabotaging for me to. And I sense that many colleagues are likely annoyed by this. I always am paranoid this will bite me in the butt one of these days. I always try to stop doing so, but I always find myself reverting to this habit. Maybe it might be an ego thing. Which I've always attributed myself to having completely none of. I guess that could be wrong.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,835 Posts
Union jobs tend to have a lot of support with the general public. The company is always bad; The union is always good according to these folks but it is quite a bit more nuanced than that.

My job's union just recently ended a strike with the company and I can't help but feel almost indifferent. I've mentioned before how in my department, I am legitimately the only one that does anything. Not a joke, not hyperbole. I am legit the only one whom doesn't just stand around. I've mentioned my grievances directly to my co-workers, no improvements. I've mentioned these problems to management and they too don't do anything about it. It's been this way for 8 years of my employment.

If something is big enough to require intervention from the union, I've seen the union protect the laziest scumbags you've ever seen and shrug off disciplinary action because evidence of their wrongdoings wasn't catalogued to the union's liking. My co-workers behaviors and work ethic have never really improved and I am often the one taken advantage of. I've had co-workers whom have been there for years never improve and I've had newbies on their first day tell me precisely that they feel as though they don't have to do anything.

I'm so super excited to get back to work where I'm going to be the only one doing anything once again. (/sarcasm)

Just yesterday; The company reps said they were "optimistic" that a deal would be done soon. At the same time yesterday, the union was telling press that they were "far from a deal".

If you are "far from a deal", how do you reach a beneficial deal in a matter of a few hours when for 10 days prior, the company, very publicly, never budged?

I'm just so ready to be done with this field. Incompetence and secrecy on all sides.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,835 Posts
I made the above post 4 days ago and everything is shaping up to be typical.

I return to work in two days yet have been detailed on long neglected tasks that of course are being left for me upon my return.

I know this is not the case everywhere of course but I just find it difficult that I can't name one co-worker, in the 8 years of my employment with this company, that has been on par or better than me in terms of work ethic and effort. These guys literally won't do something as simple as change the trash.

Nothing changes. Management does nothing, Strikes do nothing, The union protects extremely bad workers yet my co-workers all still expect to be paid fairly. What a joke.

·
Just a bit stitious
6,167 Posts
We had the annual virtual companywide staff meeting the other day…pointless as usual. But at least department was mentioned this time. Still thinking about something from it though. A few weeks back, I got a weird email that appeared to be from HR asking for info…I knew it wasn’t because I didn’t recognize the name and it looked sketchy. So I reported it as spam. Turns out, IT sent them to everyone to basically “test” who would report it and who would reply. I get they are trying to warn people and protect info but I just feel uncomfortable about it being done that way. Seems like they have little trust in employees. Supposedly, we are getting a survey to fill out soon and I might voice my displeasure with them.

Several annoying issues popping up in the workflow of late. One, in particular is going to require some digging into. I should probably do it but I trying my hardest not to because it involves calling a third party who is very difficult to deal with and really hard to get any info from as just an employee. My boss, who also would be considered an adminstrator would have an easier go of it. I know this isn’t good but I really don’t care that much and I am kind of procrastinating on it and playing a bit dumb because I don’t want to deal with it.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,762 Posts
My passion for working seems to have died at my job..I'm still here but the healthcare has become worse and I've not made any real connections that jar me out of everyday zombie mode. Applying for any other job would be simple except I doubt my work and social skills so much.

·
Super Moderator
9,460 Posts
Getting a lot of strong hints the colleague at my department is trying rally the managers to unsurp me for my position. Because he has simply been throwing lots of passive aggressive hints around to everyone that I am simply nowhere good enough to be in my current position. Now I am realizing more other coworkers a feeling this way and is siding with him. I might just be my paranoia. But it's getting very obvious that one colleague is very unsettled with me. It's a lingering stress on top of many other stuff.

In all fairness, I do think their feelings are justified and are reasonable. I am pretty bad at things compare to the average person with similar experience with whatever particular skill it is.

·
Just a bit stitious
6,167 Posts
Once again, I am dealing with the consequences of my company’s (and especially my boss!) less than stellar communication/organization skills. I have contacted my boss several times about an issue related to the work that she needs to look into and have received no response or info of any kind from her on it….and it has been several weeks now. My co-worker is bugging me now as well because she can’t do her part of the work until I do mine and I cannot do anything until I hear back from my boss. The company has plenty of time though to make useless changes no one wanted or asked for and to promote dumb blog posts and nonsense like “positivity bingo”. 🙄

·
Just a bit stitious
6,167 Posts
Once again, I am dealing with the consequences of my company’s (and especially my boss!) less than stellar communication/organization skills. I have contacted my boss several times about an issue related to the work that she needs to look into and have received no response or info of any kind from her on it….and it has been several weeks now. My co-worker is bugging me now as well because she can’t do her part of the work until I do mine and I cannot do anything until I hear back from my boss. The company has plenty of time though to make useless changes no one wanted or asked for and to promote dumb blog posts and nonsense like “positivity bingo”. 🙄
I followed up again! and still not. a. word. from my boss. Co-worker continues to hound me also. Don’t you think if I had heard anything that I would have gone ahead and done what I needed to do? 😣 My guess is that my boss has done nothing about this despite her saying she was “taking notes” and going to look into the info I sent her. This is a fine example of why I no longer care about my job and the work I do and only do the absolute minimum required of me. All kinds of errors and weird things keep popping up in the work both due to external and internal causes (and our incredibly incompetent client) but I never say anything anymore because someone somewhere down the line will figure it out and because the few things I did point out are still a problem and have been for years because my boss “put in a ticket” with IT and our software provider and likely never followed up on it.

·
Death is my comforter.
260 Posts
How long can I keep pretending to be okay? Severe depression and anxiety, and I have to put up with other peoples' squabbles and ****. I wish I could get a gun and blow my brains out. Or maybe take a trip on a ferry and drown myself.

6801 - 6820 of 6879 Posts