Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6761 - 6776 of 6776 Posts

·
Barbells and kittens
3,955 Posts
A guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended me at a stoplight early this morning. Totaled his pickup, but nobody was hurt luckily and very minimal damage to my truck.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,000 Posts
Being a mentor and having to step up is frigged up! I'm my foreman's best guy now (not by choice...)

I asked one of my former mentors if it gets easier and the advice he gave me was "Certainly not. Choose your guys well!"

First and foremost I'm not a foreman yet I got the gist of what he was saying. Lead by example!

·
Sas user
3,971 Posts
And the exodus continues. everyone is leaving, and if either of the 2 managers in my department leaves, it will be a disaster lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
34,717 Posts
A guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended me at a stoplight early this morning. Totaled his pickup, but nobody was hurt luckily and very minimal damage to my truck.
Good to see you're OK. It's always unnerving when things like that happen because it brings us to that mental place where we realize how short the distance is between the places where everything is OK and everything isn't OK. I know most of us do not really need to be reminded of that but it has still caught me off guard enough times.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,126 Posts
Incredibly frustrating that I still do not have the necessary access I need to obtain some of the info I need to do my job. I know it is up to our client to get the ball rolling but this has been ongoing for months now. Unfortunately, the only person who does have the access is completely unreliable and doesn’t respond in a timely manner when I send her the info that I need her to send me. Last time it took her 3 days and I had to send the info twice before she responded. And it is not like it is difficult…I mean I know she’s busy but it would literally take less than 5 minutes to download the files and attach it to an email.

I can’t go to my boss about it either because she is a supervisor and also a good friend of the boss. Also, can’t help but think (I have thought this since day one I have been with this company) that she doesn’t like me very much and if I was one of the “cool kids”, she’d respond much quicker. Gonna be a problem for me soon though because I am pretty caught up right now and I need those items to keep me busy for the whole day.

·
Sas user
3,971 Posts
basically everyone who was here in my department when i joined has left except for 3 others. Even one person who i thought wouldnt leave and has been here 5 years. 1 of the 3 remaining people also almost left but was convinced to stay another year and the other 2 have been here for many years. i think one of the 2 is planning to leave soon as well because of the new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm "seriously considering" this, but I'm kicking it around. The idea is to potentially quit my current job (of 21 years) and just take a little break, not look for another job immediately. I am absolutely spent. This job is grating on me like never before. I'd be nervous about finding a job after that which is why I'm unsure if this is a good idea. I'm also concerned how an employer, even at a lower-tiered job which I've been considering getting, would look at a voluntary employment gap. Has anybody ever done this, and how did it turn out for you? I actually did it with my first job which I got at a late age of 23; quit it without another in place because I couldn't take it. That's when I got this current job. However, that was over two decades ago. The atmosphere of the world is in a very sh!tty place.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I found out that a job I had flown out and interviewed for hired an internal candidate for the position. On the one hand, it makes me feel better that I probably wasn't rejected on my own merits (I assume that they intended to hire this person all along but needed to go through the formality of a job search). On the other hand, it's annoying to have spent the time on the interview without a real hope of being hired. At least they paid for travel expenses, though I still lost money having to take off work.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,489 Posts
I wish I could take others' optimism and apply it to my world because I'm facing a fork in the road, could be jobless soon and it feels like a divorce. My security blanket would slip from me, I have to get healthcare and go through the whole process of interviewing etc etc whilst juggling major anxiety and depression. Do i stay or go. sigh.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Usually I don't see anyone at work really but a member of staff came into the office earlier the other day. I just wasn't mentally prepared I think all I said was hello without taking my headphones off. We had never met before either. Then they came in another day and I went into the other office and I didn't know what to say so I just said something I had observed about the building. Then they came in another day and I just said about something going on in my town. It is hard to relax. As they were speaking I was thinking what else can I say instead of paying attention, just not relaxed.nAs this is going on its like am I'm talking too much and getting on their nerves. If you don't talk it is no good/ if you talk too much it's no good either lol. I just wouldn't be able to work in an office. I don't know how people get their work done and still talk to people. I changed my routine so I don't get on their nerves :) I just would not know what to say everyday.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,955 Posts
Just got a letter in the mail this weekend informing me I have to renew my hazardous materials endorsement within the next two weeks. Looked up the nearest facility and it's an hour and a half drive from here and they're only open three days a week for three and a half hours each day. If I fail to renew in time I won't be able to work since my job requires it.

I guess I should've known this, but it's my first time renewing it. I knew it expired when my license needed renewed, which is two months from now. It apparently takes 60 days for the background check to clear. Which now I remember from when I initially got it. Just didn't put it all together again I guess since it's been two years. So fun stuff to drive three hours for that and then go straight to work after to drive more.

·
I Am Second
58,088 Posts
Glad I've been OT but not sure for how much longer.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,126 Posts
Recently had my 5 year anniversary with the company and not surprisingly, it was not acknowledged other than a computer generated email from the internal social platform site we use and that is because everyone’s anniversary date is on there. Normally, I wouldn’t have cared but the fact that the team lead went on the platform and wished a happy anniversary to someone who has been there for a year and to be honest, I had never heard of her (we still work from home) and ignored myself and the other two co-workers of mine who started the same day as me is really off putting and has got me going. Along with me and my two co-workers, another girl started that day as well (we all joined this company from another) and her superior acknowledged her anniversary on the platform.

Even if she didn’t want to do it on he platform, my boss could have at least sent an email or text acknowledging it…that would have been okay with me as I don’t particularly care for the platform…it is basically the same few people patting each other on the back and bragging about stupid things that no one care about including the dumb fitness challenges they push down everyone’s throat but only a scant few actually partake in.

It is just another indication of the fact that my department (and certain people in it) are less than valued by this company and makes me all the more not want to go above and beyond of what is required of me.

6761 - 6776 of 6776 Posts