Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6741 - 6760 of 6776 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Finished my first week at the new job. I think 5 years of remote work have taken their toll. I was pretty reserved and there was a number of people I didn't even talk to until Frieday when I had a question about something. Monday another new hire starts with the organization; I wouldn't be surprised if they related much more easliy to everyone and make me look worse by comparison.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,000 Posts
It's "Super Convenient" that the drive base is mounted up in space atop this piece lol! If you stand on top of this thing you can touch the overhead crane! (I get all the "fun" jobs!) 😅

...even just fitting that walled in section of trough, walls and return to the drive frame? Character building!

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,000 Posts
I really hope when they unwrapped that pallet that it didn’t fall
Reminds me of the time I got roped into shipping and receiving stuff and was stacking stuff for shipping and had dimensions that we had to work within (had to fit within a shipping container.) I wasn't told to tack weld the parts in place but had to take pictures of every...single...part....as we stacked them so when they showed up on site they knew where they were. (Nobody told me I had to tack them in place) "Okay!" so I took pictures of every single piece as we stacked them. At the end of the day it probably looked like shoddy stop motion animation especially when it came to flat stacks of steel lol! I was given three parameters...width, length and height! 😅

·
Just a bit stitious
5,128 Posts
Once again, my boss went on vacation and didn’t bother to tell anyone. And like last time, I only found out because when I forwarded an email to her, I received her automated “I am out of the office” reply. Because of the screwed up way we do things and the difficult client, my boss and my co-worker who deals with the client on other matters are the only ones who get the emails from the client containing my work. Something weird is going on with that co-worker (we are at home still so no communication), she doesn’t respond to inquiries and only seems to check her email once a day…the end of the day meaning work hasn’t been getting to me because even when my boss is around, she too isn’t on top of things when it comes to responding to things.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had to get a staff portrait taken today and the results were as bad as I expected. I have a problem with flat affect so I don’t smile often in real life, let alone on command. I ended up looking strained and unhappy. Luckily the photographer took a couple dozen shots so I could pick the least mortifying.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,490 Posts
I wish I could gather the courage to find another job but I havent had to look in years. Thankful that I live in a financially stable place. my interview skills are shut but mayhe if I dont care, it just might work.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Turned in my two week notice today. I was nervous to the point I had a little bit of a hard time sleeping last night and the anxiety for when checking the time this morning since I put the email at a scheduled time for it to be sent. Of all things, the owner herself was there and she spoke to me personally about it. It went better than I thought it would adding the factor that the owner was in-person. I'm going to miss the children even if they are spoiled, unruly pain in the butts. But I need to move on to at least start getting my foot in the door as to where my career prospects are and (finally) have an actual secure job with room for growth.
One week left. I'm already getting choked up because one child I will see for the last time Monday the latest (because of his birthday and then going on vacation.) Who knows when it will be the last time I'll see each of them. One sent me a thank you card. That might have set me off.

Damn. Didn't think I'd take it as hard and I have a week left.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was recently offered a position and will soon leave my job at my dream company. This was a tough decision. My role here doesn't exacerbate my SA (both a result of my progress and my job duties). My colleagues are mostly wonderful folks who I get along with. The company has been highly supportive and taken good care of me during my time here. Benefits and perks have been top-notch. Heck, this job was much easier than my previous one, but it also included a significant pay increase. Hence, I have been exceptional in fulfilling my occupational duties since day one. I have never woken up afraid to go to work. It's a comfy position to be in. Too comfy, really. Last year, I actually signed up for additional work and inserted myself into another project here, but discovered I could still handle things quite well. I've been stagnating. I haven't learned much recently and progressing up the ladder with my current team is impossible unless one of my supervisors decides to leave. Furthermore, I've been meaning to relocate at some point for reasons and my company doesn't normally have my desired positions in my desired location.

My new position is a different story. The faster pace and demanding work would prove challenging, even for individuals without SA. I'm unlikely to find myself bored at work. It seems like I will learn a substantial amount of skills during my time there. The plan is that I can grow my career there and catapult myself to even higher positions. It's exciting. It's nerve-wracking. I want to succeed. I'm hoping that my work ethic, current skills, and progress with SA will keep me afloat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was recently offered a position and will soon leave my job at my dream company. This was a tough decision. My role here doesn't exacerbate my SA (both a result of my progress and my job duties). My colleagues are mostly wonderful folks who I get along with. The company has been highly supportive and taken good care of me during my time here. Benefits and perks have been top-notch. Heck, this job was much easier than my previous one, but it also included a significant pay increase. Hence, I have been exceptional in fulfilling my occupational duties since day one. I have never woken up afraid to go to work. It's a comfy position to be in. Too comfy, really. Last year, I actually signed up for additional work and inserted myself into another project here, but discovered I could still handle things quite well. I've been stagnating. I haven't learned much recently and progressing up the ladder with my current team is impossible unless one of my supervisors decides to leave. Furthermore, I've been meaning to relocate at some point for reasons.

My new position is a different story. The faster pace and demanding work would prove challenging, even for individuals without SA. I'm unlikely to find myself bored at work. It seems like I will learn a substantial amount of skills during my time there. The plan is that I can grow my career there and catapult myself to even higher positions. It's exciting. It's nerve-wracking. I want to succeed. I'm hoping that my work ethic, current skills, and progress with SA will keep me afloat.
well done !

·
Super Moderator
8,529 Posts
The assistant HR manager who have been handling nearly all of the household inquiries and who I have long suspected for years to have a disdain towards me, once again singled me out and left me out of an important work inquiry on the email group. One where it has come very close to screwing me over. Fortunately I went directly up her chain to the HR director and she had her fixed it. She simply just kind of gave a lackluster verbal shrug for leaving my email off for like the 10th time and added my email in. When I asked her why I kept being left out, she just shrugged that it was a menial mistake. She didn't even give me a single glance of eye contact during the ordeal. She also seems to have a pattern with neglecting other employees who she isn't really close with. While ones she's close with and are friendly with, she goes out far and beyond out of her way for them. Which makes me feel even worse.

Meanwhile the new coworker, his jacka*sery looks to be getting worse. And it does seem like many also do not like him. Oddly enough, the assistant HR manager seems to also be nice to him so far as well.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,128 Posts
Our problem client continues to be a problem. Love how they totally changed the way they are sending over the work and didn’t bother in advance to let us know. Also, I am still lacking the access I need and having to rely on someone else who is less than prompt in her response to get it for me.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,000 Posts
I'm my foreman's best guy now. We've lost so many people and not gonna lie it's weird being a role model!

Do not want! We're going on longer hours next week (again) for who knows how long!

One foot in front of the other...

·
Sas user
3,972 Posts
Hope i can make it to 2 years at my job. Ive stayed 1.5 years now thanks to WFH but its getting difficult again. I dont have any concrete plans for after, just some vague idea of gathering all my things and going to somewhere like Mongolia and try to make money online with a side job. I know my dad had a friend who went there and started his own restaurant. But i have no intention of staying past 2 years. Im afraid of getting comfortable and just living like i do now for the rest of my life. for me, i just dont want to. Getting a better job is very unlikely given my issues. It feels hopeless a lot of the time... i wonder if the world will ever overcome scarcity (as a result of technology) and people can just do whatever they want while the near sentient Machines do all the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just a bit stitious
5,128 Posts
My boss went on vacation. Again. And she didn’t notify us. Again. I found out the same way I did last time…I got her generic “out of office” reply when I sent her an email. We continue to have all kinds of issues with our difficult client, including one major one that really needs to be resolved. I could do a bit more digging into that issue but I am not going to since she said nothing about it before she left and because I am tired of dealing with it. It is her problem and she should have dealt with it way before now.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I'm again at a really low spot with this job and want to leave. The job I had interest in still has listings up, but the ideal schedule I wanted isn't listed. Some of the same job description are listed, but they don't have the job work days or hours. Why is it so hard to keep the listings consistent?

6741 - 6760 of 6776 Posts