Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6721 - 6740 of 6766 Posts

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,996 Posts
So glad BC has lifted the mask mandate! Wearing one in a shop during a heat wave was borderline waterboarding!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm feeling really low about my job. Not that that is anything new, but let's just say I'm the lowest I've felt in the past couple months. A co-worker I've worked with for about 19 of the 21 years I've been at this place is really unhappy. She used to be a supervisor but now I'm her supervisor and she barely has a paycheck. We're friends for the most part, so she can say what she wants to me. However, she's very frustrated, and a lot of it has to do with my management. She thinks I'm micro-managing, but I believe it's more a personal thing in that she doesn't want her work to be impugned. However, I'm not; I'm just laying out the plan for the day.

Regardless, I'm just about ready to go. Just feeling really low energy and not interested in continuing at this place any longer. I also made a mistake a half hour ago that really could cause some issues, and the folks who could remedy it haven't answered me yet, might be done for the day. I had time yesterday that I was flirting with making a resume and applying to this particular job, but I didn't. I feel like I need to do it today.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,996 Posts
Welp...the two best guys on our crew at work are leaving...one is leaving leaving (Super down to earth dude and has legit reasons for doing so!) and the other is relocating to the yet to be completed prep shop (by choice) to run a cnc breakpress (Whyyyyyyyyyyy?)

I'm essentially going from my foreman's third best guy to his best guy...I expect the next year to be character building and if it sounds like I'm bragging I'm not!

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,475 Posts
This is going to sound lazy but I really dont want to look for a new job.. I have one, a miserable one and I haven't had to look in years. Not sure what I'm going to do with myself as I have barely any skills. Am I just not cut out for work? Or lazy or both? My current job, I can't keep because I need time off. If I quit, it's too much..I dont understand how people work sometimes. Well, back to zero I guess. Surrender yourself.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
Supposed to have a new guy starting tomorrow. We've been understaffed since around Christmas and so far have been unable to hire a single person since that time. They also recently started offering current employees a $3k bonus if we refer a new hire and more for additional referrals. Of course I don't know anyone.

On one hand it's been nice making the extra money this year, but also feel like I've done nothing but work and sleep for months straight now. So I'm trying to look at it like either way is a win if they find some new employees or not. Either go back to 40 hour weeks and have free time again or keep making extra money.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Is this like a good time to look for a job, or something? I'm getting the sense that some companies are short on workers. A bowling alley near me is closed Mondays and Tuesdays due to staffing issues. I'm aware the government is enabling unemployment, so that's probably why, so should people who want a job be looking quickly before this is over?

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
Is this like a good time to look for a job, or something? I'm getting the sense that some companies are short on workers. A bowling alley near me is closed Mondays and Tuesdays due to staffing issues. I'm aware the government is enabling unemployment, so that's probably why, so should people who want a job be looking quickly before this is over?
Probably will depend on where you are and what you do. Potentially a good time to get a new job in my opinion because so much less competition with so many jobs going unfilled.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Probably will depend on where you are and what you do. Potentially a good time to get a new job in my opinion because so much less competition with so many jobs going unfilled.
I'm looking at an in-person office job. I've been looking at the listing for a while and it usually disappears after being up for a while, but this has hung around. I'm sure enough people are applying, so I don't know why it's not disappearing, unless enough people aren't applying.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I'm looking at an in-person office job. I've been looking at the listing for a while and it usually disappears after being up for a while, but this has hung around. I'm sure enough people are applying, so I don't know why it's not disappearing, unless enough people aren't applying.
We haven't even been getting many applications. I work for a major trucking company and according to the manager only four or five in 2021 so far. All hired immediately and this guy that started this week was the first to actually show up. Experience requirement recently dropped from 18 months to 12 months and now they've added these sign on and referral bonuses. At this point anyone that applies and meets the requirements will be hired until we get these positions filled.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm feeling very, very low, extremely negative about continuing at this job (that I've been at for 21 years). Feeling very overwhelmed and scattered. Last week was a horrible week. My brother was visiting, but I was unable to get away from this job for several things we had planned to do. It was extremely busy. A couple of the projects were over last week, but this week they're replaced by more and more hassle. I'm not feeling well mentally and am exhausted physically, and it's hard for me to make mental effort sometimes to deal with all the projects and elements within projects, deal with clients, and deal with co-workers and the folks I manage. Some of the latter are dissatisfied with some things I've done, people I've known for years, and that makes it harder.

It's so tempting to quit, and I do want to apply to another job, but it's difficult to leave the money and benefits as any new job will likely be much less on those fronts.

·
Super Moderator
4,928 Posts
Think I might be getting a new job offer at my desired location. Holy crap, finally and at the same time JUST in time when I started to feel despair!

·
Walking through windows
888 Posts
I've never done anything with my hands before in my life and I've zero "technical" skills, but here I am, waiting to get started as an assembly operator at one of the biggest truck factories in the world.

Gulp.

Also, if I don't make it at this job, I'm gonna lose her :,)))

·
Super Moderator
4,928 Posts
It's confirmed for the job offer. Putting my two weeks in at my current job next week.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,068 Posts
I’ve recently learned that I will be continuing to work from home for the “foreseeable future” according to my company. Not thrilled with this as it appears they are less and less interested in us returning to the office and they also continue to have no idea what they are doing.

I am back to not nearly having enough to do to get me through the day. This is partly due to our problem client who have basically quit sending over the work we do have in a timely manner. But it appears they have gone and made changes to some of the access we have to get to some of the work and now we have no way of getting it. And our contact doesn’t respond to my bosses email request on a timely basis, if at all. This client is a total trainwreck and is getting even worse. Today, in particular is really bad and I am stretching about 45 minutes worth of work into about 4 hours worth of work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like my job but sometimes it makes me very lonely. My job is very independent and most of my days go by without talking to anyone. I kind of wish there were more meetings or other social events although they make me very anxious...

·
Sas user
3,953 Posts
wow so many people are resigning. i knew this was a place with a high turnover when i joined. but there have been like 10 people whose names i recognise resign over the last 2 months.

surprisingly (or probably not surprising), this has never been a topic thats come up when they talk about improving the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just a bit stitious
5,068 Posts
Just sitting here shaking my head. The client we continuous to have issues with is becoming more difficult to deal with. I don’t have and have never had the proper access to two different systems where some of the work is located. One of them we at least had another option for but that was terminated without us knowing and now we have zero access and haven’t for weeks. The other system…they were supposed to set up access for all of us but it hasn’t worked for me and of course, the only person who has working access is difficult to deal with and doesn’t respond to requests in a timely manner. I really need some info today and sent it to her immediately upon finding out and she has yet to reply. Of all the people I work with, she’d be low on my list of people I would choose to ask for help. I’d rather deal with some of the new co-workers I have never actually met in person before her.

Also adding to my growing frustration is the fact that another website we rely heavily on for to get our info is currently down, has been down since first thing this morning and they give no update whatsoever when it will return. Past instances where this website has been down have taken days to resolve. This means I have nothing to do and have been dragging out about an hours worth of work as long as I possibly can. If my co-worker would just forward me the info I needed, I’d actually have enough to do.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,475 Posts
Work just makes me nervous. I don't know how long i can stand to stand it.. I know I'm a good worker but is it truly worth the effort. I wish I was transported back to a time where it was never about finances and simply social standing in life. Plus, stories about people making it just make me feel worse. Do I honestly celebrate someone else's success over mine? Uh, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
4,928 Posts
Turned in my two week notice today. I was nervous to the point I had a little bit of a hard time sleeping last night and the anxiety for when checking the time this morning since I put the email at a scheduled time for it to be sent. Of all things, the owner herself was there and she spoke to me personally about it. It went better than I thought it would adding the factor that the owner was in-person. I'm going to miss the children even if they are spoiled, unruly pain in the butts. But I need to move on to at least start getting my foot in the door as to where my career prospects are and (finally) have an actual secure job with room for growth.

6721 - 6740 of 6766 Posts