Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6734 Posts

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
Other crews at work probably think we're nuts!

Other crews: quiet as mice.

Our crew: "Dey terk err jerrrrbs!"
"Not err jerrrbs!" :D

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
I’d much rather be swamped and have lots to do than to be caught up as weird as that sounds. Our wonky client has once again become wildly inconsistent in sending over the work, barely anything today or yesterday. I am up to date with my other tasks also so I am sitting here trying to drag out a miniscule amount of work because I have nothing else to do.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I keep delaying applying for this job I'm looking at, and it keeps getting away. I think it's still available. For some reason I'm under the impression that if I apply, it'd be easy to get, but that's not the case at all. So I just need to apply, find out more about it, and go from that.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Recently just recovered from Covid. I don't wanna go back to the office anymore. Need a work-from-home job ASAP!
Glad that you recovered. I don't want to go back to the office either. I have been pretty much working from home since last April,but starting tomorrow the state order expires letting people work from home if feesible. My Supervisor also doesn't want to go back. There is a Supervisor meeting tomorrow to find out what the Executive Director wants us to do. They did implement a telecommuting policy last summer so hopefully she will allow us to continue to work form home. I am afraid we are going to have another surge since every COVID directives are being lifted. Everyone is going to go wild getting near each other. I hope I am wrong and this crap is ending.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I'm looking at applying to this large company (as opposed to the small company that I'm currently at). However, I don't know whether the marxist "woke" bullsh*t has infected it as it has so many other large companies (i.e., causing White employees to self-flagellate for no reason upon pain of being let go). Companies should put this in their ads for employment so that people have the information to avoid them.

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Have to go in a bit earlier tomorrow but will also get out a little earlier. After that is a five day (and better be long) weekend for me. I deserve it.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
Forgot how big wave feeders that ship as a single unit are. The trucker's that take them to their final home must look like total bad @$$es hauling these things down the highway!

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Have to go in a bit earlier tomorrow but will also get out a little earlier. After that is a five day (and better be long) weekend for me. I deserve it.
Well...back to my hellhole tomorrow. Hopefully these two days go by smoothly.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Dealing with two ongoing issues (I mean like over a year for both) on our problem client. One will continue to be unresolved despite me telling my boss like 15 times about it and sending her numerous examples. Came up again recently and the tone of her email was as if she was hearing about it for the first time. Others are aware of it and have beought it to her attention as well.

The other issue...is probably going to end up being an unmitigated disaster that will take many phone calls and emails to sort out and since the parties involved (other than me) are not exactly on top of things or easy to deal with. This is kind of important as it will impact my other work also and I can’t do anything about it until I hear back from my boss. She sometimes takes days to respond to emails.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Monday I do have to go in and meet face to face with three consumers. It's going to be done in the big board room that is right in the front part of the building by the exit door. My Supervisor doesn't want anyone coming inside the rest of the building. I will meet with them and then can do rest of work at home. Right now Group Home visitations are still barred unless deemed an emergency. Hopefully, we are indeed coming out of this nightmare. We will see when fall and winter comes to see if the number of cases jump.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Work is really uncomfortable lately. I was asked to take on a position a year ago that I didn't want, and people were let go who were more qualified. Then a few months ago I was asked to dig in deeper; again, didn't ask for it myself. The worst thing is that we are not busy, so I'm left wondering what I should do some days, whether I'm doing some things right and doing what they want me to do, whether I should ask. Plus, some people I manage are not getting paid because we are not busy. So I'm making money because I'm salaried, but they are not.

I need to kick myself in the *** and get out of this place.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
My company continues to been run poorly and lacking in communication between management and the staff. Pretty sure they won’t handle well today’s news of the state being reopened fully and restrictions lifted (including offices). They were scrambling and had no plans at the start when we all had to work from home...doubt they have plans now. I can envision receiving a email on a Friday afternoon stating we will need to be in the office on Monday. I have little faith that this will go well and it is why I have mixed feelings about this.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I had a potentially embarrassing moment earlier; don't know if anybody or how many people noticed. We had a Zoom call with a client. I logged onto the call and my screen name came up as Cable Boy. That's because it's the name I used for a "Seinfeld" online trivia game last month (a reference to something in one episode when Jerry got illegal cable, as all participants had to rename themselves to something related to the show). I guess it held it over for the next Zoom meeting I had on that browser; I still don't know how that works. I quickly changed it to my name, but I'm sure that someone from the client team and one of my superiors must have noticed it when I joined. Question: Does "Cable Boy" have sexual overtones that you know of (i.e., "cable" being a euphemism for a male member, or I might be thinking of "pipe")? I'm getting kind of anxious that someone might have construed it that way.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Really unhappy with work right now. My boss basically said they have no idea when we will be returning to the office. They have been “discussing” it but there are zero plans in place and sounds like nothing will happen for awhile. That is rather depressing to hear even though I have mixed feelings about returning. And just reading between the lines of some things my boss said…working from home may become permanent.

We have some really uh, different ways of doing things and it has always annoyed me but now it is really getting on my nerves because it is causing more work for me and making my job harder. Had to reach out to the other supervisor for help due to this and she threw it back on me telling me to make a phone call. But not only do I not know the process (she does by the way), the place I had to call was a joke as I couldn’t get past their stupid automated voice options because what I was calling about wasn’t anywhere close to the options given. I don’t have proper phone access like she does and I don’t think I should be the one to invesitgate this problem. Not going to reach out to her anymore…will just go to someone one or figure it out on my own. Or just not bother at all.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Really unhappy with work right now. My boss basically said they have no idea when we will be returning to the office. They have been “discussing” it but there are zero plans in place and sounds like nothing will happen for awhile. That is rather depressing to hear even though I have mixed feelings about returning. And just reading between the lines of some things my boss said…working from home may become permanent.
My office is debating the in-office aspect, but is leaning towards going back into the office at some point. They had been considering getting rid of our floor and just having the second floor which doesn't have office space, but having an office nook for anybody who wanted to go in. That might still be on the table. For me, I like working in an office, but I've never been keen on working around other people which shouldn't be a surprise considering I'm on this board. I've gone into the office more than anybody in the last 15 months, to work by myself. We're a small office and aside from Zoom meetings, we don't have a need to be around each other. However, I'm very much against the pandemic having lasting effects on any aspect of culture. We cannot let it destroy any aspects or traditions of society, but we're allowing it, and some are even rooting for it.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
However, I'm very much against the pandemic having lasting effects on any aspect of culture. We cannot let it destroy any aspects or traditions of society, but we're allowing it, and some are even rooting for it.
Very much agree!!

It seems my company (just reading between the lines of things said and done) seems to lean a certain way in regards to their policies and actions (I lean the oppsite way) and that makes me think all the more that we will not be returning anytime soon. I am not really in a good place mentally right now to look for a new job but I am getting more fed up and disgusted by the day.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I am not really in a good place mentally right now to look for a new job but I am getting more fed up and disgusted by the day.
Pretty much the same for me. I've been at my job for 21 years, and I keep putting off any serious attempt to find a job even though I've got my intentions on a job which I don't even know if I'd like, just because I like the schedule. It might even be half the pay I currently make. It's open and I could apply, but I keep coming up with excuses. We weren't busy for weeks and currently we're getting busy, and I'm realizing I just don't even want to deal with this any longer. So I should apply, but I don't because I'm so lazy. It's this attitude that has caused me to stay for 21 years.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Wow…just wow. I am going to have to do mega rant one of these days with all the crap that has gone on of late but right now I am seething. Unbelievable for my boss to think I can not only decipher that nonsense list but to attempt to get it done in a few days. Ha! I do not (especially right now) have the patience to deal with that and my other work would suffer greatly as well because all my attention would be on that. Also, fairly certain my vacation request for next week will be declined because of this.

6701 - 6720 of 6734 Posts