Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6681 - 6700 of 6734 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
One of my managers asked me and this guy who is my direct manager to meet in the office tomorrow. We've only had one requested meeting in the office since the virus, and that was when this second manager joined, to have a meet and greet. I go into the office myself a lot, but am a bit wary of going in to this meeting - not because of the virus, but because he didn't mention what we're meeting about. We could just as easily have met via Zoom, so the fact that it's in person points to something probably not good. I have an idea of what it could be, but am not sure. If the conversation doesn't go well or some type of ultimatum is given, I'd very seriously consider resigning on the spot. I'm tired of this place and cannot do anymore than I'm currently doing, cannot invest myself anymore in this place.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Have you ever heard of someone complaining after being promoted and getting more money? That's how they do it in Bizarro world, but that's me. This happened last year and again today. My manager was let go and I was given his title even though I'm not doing exactly what he was doing. I feel bad for my manager because he's a good guy. So that's the fourth person with whom I worked closely who has been let go in the past three years, yet they keep me.

If I were working someplace else, I might not have a headache over this. I've been at this place for 20 years, and I don't have anymore to give. I've been looking for a way to force myself to quit almost since I started, but I'm such a procrastinator that I can't even get motivated to quit my job. Instead of feeling happy over two semi-promotions in the space of a year (that I didn't ask for), I feel guilty both because I know what a lameass I am, and also because they're putting more money towards me and the person they'll hire to work with me, but a group of people at my job make almost no money. I can't give details, but it would shock the hell out of you how the pay is structured for some folks, yet they stay at this place the same as I have.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Let my boss know at our last conference call that I was a bit behind and could use some help. She said that she would jump in and help. Been over a week now and she hasn’t done a thing. Co-worker also knows the task and could jump in as well but never does. Going to have to do it all myself as usual I guess.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,819 Posts
Work sucks. Most of them don't do much of anything and get away with it. The workforce is a sham.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
I like being the guy on our crew at work that does everything. My foreman often asks me "What do you want to do?" and my automatic response is always "Go home with pay!" 😁

...sadly that never works...

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
We had a Zoom meeting with a client that's a pretty large company. Out of nowhere the person from their company said something like "We're really focusing on diversity and inclusion as a company" and also some other stuff in the same vein. It didn't have anything to do with what we were talking about. It sounded like she was reciting something she had been told to say, like a hostage. So I guess this was my first exposure to the Orwellian/authoritarian "sjw/woke" bullcrap that's infecting some companies. Very weird and concerning.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
The issue I thought would be a bigger problem turned out to be okay...response took longer than it should have though. The team lead (who I am not really a big fan of...she’s one of those “hot/cold” types and not easy to talk to) appears to be working on old stuff and it seems she is focused on finding even the slightest of errors I may have made. I admit the things pointed out to me so far were careless mistakes on my part (I was on auto pilot for awhile and didn’t care at all what I was doing) but she seems like the type that will use it against me.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
A listing for this job that I had been looking at is back up on the company's website after a few months' absence. I'm again torn on whether I want to apply. I love the schedule - working both weekend days (albeit starting at 7:00 a.m.) along with having two weekdays off and working 12:00-8:30 the other weekdays (I would prefer weekdays off because weekends are meaningless to me). The job itself is more rote than what I'm doing, but that's what I need, something that doesn't require as much energy or investment and which I can leave at the office. I don't know the pay, but it likely would be about half of what I'm making currently. I've only been making my current salary (or close to it) for not even a year, so it's not like I've had it for the 20 years I've been at this place. This job would probably be closer to my old pay.

I'd also have to start at the bottom rung with little latitude, which is a negative. However, I really can't take my current job any longer. Right at this very moment I don't feel like I have the energy to change jobs, but I have to consider whether I need to try to make this jump right away before this job gets away again.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
Got the best compliment ever at work the other day....

"Mat you're the weirdest person I've ever met! Some days you're swearing or singing to yourself and other days you're quiet as a mouse"

I replied, "I like to keep people guessing!"

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I don't know why they put the young, inexperienced staff on the weekend shifts esp the University students? Every weekend we have behavioral issues with the residents in the homes. All week it is peace and quiet then the weekend hell breaks loose.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,904 Posts
Supposedly we'll have a new manager starting today. The one that hired me a year ago died and we've went through two more since then with a temp in between each time. Still short a driver.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Frustrated but not surprised my request for info got ignored by my co-worker. I don’t generally reach out...figure things out on my own but unfortunately she is the only one with access to the info I need. Will give her a bit more time before requesting again. And if I do need to send another email, I will cc my boss on it. Mention my boss in the email I sent thinking that might spur her into action, guess not.

·
Failure's Art
2,323 Posts
GAWD why does my manager wait until the end of the day to ask me to work on projects?! On Friday she waited until 5 mins before I logged off to ask me to do something on FRIDAY for cripes sakes, and then today she waits until 30 mins before I log off to ask me to start working on something. It's like she has no respect for my personal time at all. She needs to assign me work earlier in the god damn day. I hate her I hate her.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
Frustrated but not surprised my request for info got ignored by my co-worker. I don’t generally reach out...figure things out on my own but unfortunately she is the only one with access to the info I need. Will give her a bit more time before requesting again. And if I do need to send another email, I will cc my boss on it. Mention my boss in the email I sent thinking that might spur her into action, guess not.
Reached out again...and cc’ed my boss also and neither had any info. Not going to bother anymore. Dealing with and reaching out to people in this company is far from simple and I just don’t want to bother anymore, usually regret saying anything. I really need to look for a new job...so over it all.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
I don't know what to say from a video chat from my manager. She said she long noticed I have a habit of being too overly considerate of everyone, to the point of sacrificing the consideration of myself. That I am often times putting myself in jeopardizing situations just to please coworkers' demands. Apparently she and the higher up boss both thought it was my fault in several snags at a project only for them to later find out it was because I was taking on some of the tasks outside of my job description because they're tasks my coworkers didn't want to do. And it significantly slowed down the entire project.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
So annoying when everyone keeps hitting the “reply to all” button to respond to one person’s email. Co-worker decided to send everyone a picture of her dog and a bunch of people had to reply with the phony “ohhh and ahh’s”. I can’t stand that stuff and it looks like more of it might be coming because the boss was trying to solicit interest in doing a newsletter for the team...with interviews of people, restaurant reviews, etc. Barf.

6681 - 6700 of 6734 Posts